Marsha Collier's name crops up a lot in the same breath as e-commerce and customer service. No surprise there. She’s the author of eBay For Dummies, eBay Business All-In-One Desk Reference for Dummies plus many other related, best-selling titles.
She's sold over a million books and been on the Business Week Best Seller list and has published more than 35 books in the Wiley "For Dummies" series. (List of books in print below).
Her latest books 'Social Media Commerce For Dummies
' and 'The Ultimate Online Customer Service Guide: How to Connect with your Customers to Sell More'
gives businesses insight into how to use Social Media to build customer relations and bottom line.
Her e-commerce advice has appeared in publications such as Martha Stewart Living and Reader’s Digest, and don’t be surprised if you’ve seen her on television – as a guest on The View or the Today Show and in her own PBS pledge program, Making Your Fortune Online
She is a popular keynote speaker, inspiring online sellers to success, lead instructor at eBay University, speaks at conferences worldwide, and runs a successful online business – so is she an internet fanatic? Well, let’s just say she’s on a mission: educating current and future online sellers.
Very active in social media, Marsha uses her years of experience to instruct online citizens on selling and marketing. She was named one of the top twenty iCitizens
by Kelly Mooney in her book, "The Open Brand."
Listen to Marsha every Saturday live at noon PT on Computer & Technology Radio
. Archives of the show are available for download on iTunes.
See what Marsha Collier can do for you:
If you'd like Marsha Collier…
- to speak at an event.
- to consult on your business
- to consult on your brand.
- for a business development opportunity.
- for a media request / interview. Please click on the contact link at the top of the page to receive more info
- Forbes: Must-Follow Marketing Minds On Twitter 2014
- Forbes: 100 Must Follow On Twitter 2014
- 2013 Huffington Post: The Top 100 Most Social Customer Service Pros On Twitter
- 2013 Forbes Top 20 Most Powerful Wowen in Social Media
- 2012, 2013 Forbes Top 50 Social Media Power Influencers
- 2012 30 Best Female Bloggers
- 2012 Small Business Book Awards: Startup Book Category, Starting an eBay Business For Dummies
- 2012 The 100 Most Powerful Women On Twitter
- 2011 Forbes Top 10 Women Social Media Influencers
- 2011 PeerIndex #1 Customer Experience Online Influencers
- Top 25 Most Influential in Customer Service: MindTouch
- 140 Characters Conference
- 2009 NOW Award Winner
- One of Top 10 LA Tech & Twitter Voices in the Los Angeles Tech Scene by Ranker
Current Books in print:
- Social Media Commerce For Dummies
- AARP Facebook
- eBay For Dummies 8th Edition
- Starting an eBay Business For Dummies 4th ed
- The Ultimate Online Customer Service Guide: How to Connect with your Customers to Sell More Hardcover & Audible)
- Twitter and Facebook For Seniors For Dummies 2nd Edition
- eBay For Seniors For Dummies
- eBay Business All-in-One For Dummies, 3rd Edition
- eBay PowerSeller Business Practices For Dummies
- eBay Timesaving Techniques For Dummies
- eBay Listings That Sell For Dummies
- Starting an eBay Business For Dummies, 4th Edition
- Starting an E-Bay Business for Dummies (Audio CD)
- PayPal For Dummies (forward)
- eBay Bargain Shopping For Dummies
- Santa Shops on eBay
- eBay Para Dummies (Spanish)
- eBay-Schnappchen Fur Dummies (German)
- Mein eBay-Shop (German)
- 开创你的eBay商务 玛莎•科莉尔，，，美国 (Chinese)
- eBay Pour Les Nuls (French)
- eBay Per Negati (Italian)
- eBay For Dummies adapted for Australia
- eBay For Canadians For Dummies
- Starting an eBay Business For Canadians For Dummies
- eBay.co.uk For Dummies
- Starting a Business on eBay.co.uk for Dummies
- eBay.co.uk Business All-in-One for Dummies
"Many positive things to say, but one essential component is this: In contrast to "canned" presentations, great speakers take the time to analyze who is in the room and WHY they are there. Putting themselves in the shoes of the audience allows them to tailor their presentations in order to truly DELIVER for the crowd. Marsha does this in spades."
Steve Broback, Tweethouse CEO
"The Ultimate Online Customer Service Guide, How to Connect With Your Customers to Sell More, is a great gift from author and entrepreneur, Marsha Collier. Marsha defines the art of customer service, connection, engagement and teaches small businesses how to battle and win with big players. Marsha’s best selling “Starting an eBay Business for Dummies”, is a legend in online retailing. This new customer service tutorial delivers much more than the title and promise. If you read Marsha’s books and apply her lessons, your business will grow. In this economy, make an investment in Marsha’s new book. You won’t be disappointed."
Kathy Ireland, CEO and Chief Designer, kathy ireland Worldwide
“I've had the privilege of working with Marsha Collier for the past year, to discuss strategies for delivering spectacular online and social customer service. In a foggy time of increasing complexity, Marsha's guidance has been a beacon of clarity. She understands the perfect way to help brands build a legacy of loyal, lifetime customers. From the underlying motivations of the buyer to the detailed brand responses, Marsha knows and shows how online customer service was, is and should be.
Marsha personifies the rare combination of top-tier expert AND approachable guide. These complementary gifts allow her to be both a gracious mentor to eager learners and a trusted advisor to industry experts.
There are precious few who care as deeply for customer advocacy and speak as powerfully and eloquently for change. I would heartily, robustly and earnestly recommend Marsha Collier for ANY customer-centric speaking, consulting or authoring engagement.” Tristan Bishop, Sr. Principal Digital Strategist, Symantec
“Marsha is a true force of nature. She's a super writer whose style fit right in with the "For Dummies" series from the beginning. She's a born self-promoter, and an excellent teacher. She's taught me so much about eBay, as she has for millions of others in the eBay community.”
Ellen Gerstein, Marketing Director, John Wiley & Sons
“The Marsha Collier, eBay for Dummies books are phenomenal. After years of selling online and climbing the ladder to Platinum PowerSeller, I still grab the books off the shelf for reference. You cannot find more focused books than those from Marsha. eBay Business All-in-one References for Dummies simply ROCKS! “
John Lawson , CEO 3rd Power Outlet, eCommerce Blogger & eBay Platinum Powerseller
“Marsha is one of the most ethical business people I have ever had the pleasure to associate with. She writes informative educational books that are honest and straightforward making them a valuable resource to new businesses.”
Clarissa Parashar , Owner , Perpetual Vogue
“Marsha is an attractive, intelligent and savvy business woman who has international recognition, and appeal. Marsha is already a legend in the online business world. It has been amazing to see the amount of people lining up to have her autograph at eBay Live events over the past 4 years. She is an expert and has an amazing amount of knowledge on how to succeed online. She herself runs a successful ebay business while maintaining a hectic national and international schedule as a media commentator, eBay expert and writer. Marsha is a gorgeous and generous individual. I am proud to call her a friend.”
Phil Leahy , Owner , Goldcrest Investments
“Marsha is fantastic. She was one of our very first users and her insights and assistance in our early development stages were instrumental in helping us to build a useful product. She is refreshingly direct but at the same time she's also very kind, very patient, and she cares a lot about her readers. Marsha is one of the most connected individuals in the p2p e-commerce space, but she's also one of the most accessible. I highly recommend Marsha!”
Wayne Yeager , Founder , Sellathon, Inc.
“Marsha represents the creme de la creme of small business e-commerce and eBay writers. Her powerful tips and strategies are based on her own e-commerce business success, and her relationships with all the top professional sellers. It's been an honor to get to know her through the Professional eBay Sellers Alliance.”
David Yaskulka President , Harris Michael, Inc.
“I have had the distinct pleasure and honor of knowing and working with Ms. Collier since 2001 and we have both spoken as eBay University Instructors at many conferences and events together. She is a true lady and professional with a profound knowledge of her field. I have been very lucky to know her and been affected by her wisdom.”
Christopher Spencer , eBay University Instructor