Have you thought about what you would like to achieve with your Business in 2016? More clients? Sales? Income?
Here's my tips for Business Growth in the next 12 months:
1) Where possible find ways to ensure there are recurring sales. Sales you don't have to find or seek out every month. For eg. something that's recurring like management, or a monthly product that gets sent out (like the quilters do with their monthly programs). You might even be able to quote for a large project or do monthly packages. Even just quoting for a certain amount per month for 3 or 6 months can boost things for you.
If you have $2,000 per month of recurring sales coming in, and as long as the service or product are ongoing high quality, its easier to reach your income goals. 12 x $2000 = $24,000 as a minimum. Sound good?
If you have a product based business, why not send them out something every month for 12 months, for a set fee. You provide a simple service, you move the stock, you grow your sales base, in the most simplest way. You could partner up with 2 other Business and put together a signature pack that gets sent out each month. Everyone wins.
2) Outsource the things you know need to be done, but you cant do for whatever reason. There are many benefits to outsourcing, but the most basic is this. If it takes you 3 hours to do 1 hour of edits to your website, and you charge out at $50/hour yourself, that's $150 as a charge to you, infringement on your time and frustrations. This is how it goes:
Got edits to make. Start making edits. Frustrated that you don't understand it to its full. Trying to make edits out of frustration. Distracted on Facebook. Back to the edits. Why is this so frustrating. Facebook Distraction. Coffee. Edits. Not even sure if you should be making these edits, will it really matter. At this point, the edits either don't get done, which causes further frustration and the need for Facebook Distractions, or they get done but you've just lost half a day. Paying someone who knows what they are doing, and someone who can think outside the box for you and insert some creative initiative, can have this done in 1 hour @ $85.
3) Use video in 2016. All of my current clients that using video to promote what they do, are only being charged between 1c and 5c per video view when running a Facebook ad to promote their video. It's not rocket science to know that this is ridiculously cheap advertising! And to your target market too. Video can do so much more for you that a years worth of blog posts, in just a 15 - 30 second segment. Youtube is the most under-utilised platform available today. Youtube is the second largest search engine! So, get creative, and personable, and make an impact on your target audience.
4) Business Marketing is all about education. Take the time to educate people, to provide them with helpful information in your Industry. Show them a better way and let them make their own choice without pressure on how they would like to approach you and your offerings. When I run a workshop, people know by the end of the day/session, whether they want to work with me. I don't chase them down. They make the choice, they contact me. Run a webinar, offer an e-course, write a free e-book, pay forward some really interesting and helpful information, create cheatsheets and checklists. Focus on being a Business that provides value. They are the Businesses that stand out.
5) Create income while you market your business. I've loved this part of my Business. There are a variety of ways to make money while you market. It comes down to the value for the potential customer or client. I run workshops, I charge a fee, and at the same time I am marketing my Business and creating income. So much could be said on this. It's a strategy worthwhile looking into.
6) Build vision. You know, life can be challenging. We want to know that things can be different, better. Your customers, need to know that there are smarter and more accessible and affordable ways to do things they've been doing for years or that there are better alternatives. Build vision. What would their life or Business look like, if they used your product or service? Throw some creative ideas into the mix. You'll double your chances of a sale.
So there you have it. The things that I have found to work, and the things I will be continuing to build in 2016. It's gonna be a huge year, I can feel it!
Senior Digital Marketing Strategist