- Stone Temple ConsultingSenior Director of Online Marketing, 2014 - presentResponsible for strategic planning and implementation of the online branding, promotion, and reputation of Stone Temple Consulting, as well as specialized consulting with selected Stone Temple clients.
- Virante Inc.Director of Digital Outreach, 2011 - 2013
- Virante Inc.Internet Marketing Analyst, 2009 - 2011
- Westminster BookstoreManager of Online Marketing
- The Covenant School (Charlottesville VA)Assistant Administrator of Lower School
- Abbot LaboratoriesIV Products Sales Representative
- Uarco Business FormsAccount Manager
As Senior Director of Online Marketing for Stone Temple Consulting, I'm responsible for raising the awareness of STC's renowned services for our many Fortune 500 level clients.
What can you expect me to talk and engage about? Social Media Consulting + Social Media Marketing + Content Marketing + Inbound Marketing + Internet Marketing + Google+ Business Pages + Paid Search Advertising and anything to do with connecting on the web!
My mission is to help you get seen and heard, to get your message out and bring in people who want and need what you have to offer. My special know-how is in the intersection of social and search.
I'm the Senior Director of Online Marketing for Stone Temple Consulting, one of the leading online marketing agencies in the United States.
On Google+ you'll see me posting and sharing mostly about social media and how we can more effectively use it to collaborate and transform our world.
- Active user every day since Google+ Day 3
- In the Top 500 of US G+ users according to CircleCount.com
- The Stone Temple Digital Marketing Excellence Blog
- Social Media Marketing columnist for Marketing Land
- Published on Search Engine Land, Moz (Featured Author), Social Media Today and many other top publications.
- All my LinkedIn Pulse articles
- Speaker at major conferences across the US, including MozCon, SMX, and Pubcon
Read and subscribe to my Flipboard Magazines. I daily curate there the best online marketing related news, tips, and articles I run across all over the web:
- Google+ Plus Power http://flip.it/IxUeA
- Online Marketing Daily http://flip.it/h2nXP
- SEO Search Engine Optimization Daily http://flip.it/7LvQK
Available to speak at your conference! Also for press, podcast, and webinar interviews. Contact me through this profile or the email address below.
All posts and opinons expressed by me on Google+ are entirely my own and do not necessarily reflect those of my employer or any other organization with which I might be connected.
My home blog is at Stone Temple Consulting. I write the Social Media Marketing column for Marketing Land, I also contribute to Moz, Search Engine Land, Maximize Social Business, Social Media Today and many other top digital marketing sites.
I have spoken at numerous industry conferences, including MozCon, Pubcon, SMX (Advanced, East, West & Social Media), and SearchExchange.
I tweet at @marktraphagen
Finally, let me leave you with a benediction, courtesy of my friend Eli Fennell:
In nomine Google, et Long Tail, et spiritus AuthorRank.
- Westminster Theological SeminaryM.A.R. in Biblical Studies, 2004 - 2009
- Liberty UniversityB.A. Interdisciplinary.
- Stone Temple Consulting Blog (current)
- Marketing Land Social Media Column (current)
- Search Engine Land (current)
- Moz.com (current)
- Maximize Social Business Blog (current)
- AuthorRank.org (current)
- New Media Leaders (current)
- Social Media Today (current)
- Plus Your Business (current)
- LinkedIn Publishing (current)
- Slideshare (current)
- Pinterest (current)
- SteamFeed (current)
- GplusGeek (current)
- G+SEO.net (past)
- SocialFresh Blog (current)
- Inbound.org (current)
- Pinterest (current)
- Max Real Estate Exposure (current)
- Buzz (past)
- Cisco Blog (past)
- Amazon Reviews (current)
- Flipboard Magazines (current)
- Real Integrated Marketing (current)
Brands who nurture and encourage employee personal brands,
people passionate about their business who develop their own loyal audiences,
who create content and engage on topics relevant to the company brand,
those people create unique and powerful relational connections for those brands, connections that may not have happened any other way.
Read the post below I wrote for to find out why PBRs (Personal Brand Representatives) are so powerful, and what they could do for your business.
The Ideal: The company brand is well-represented by a stable of powerful and beloved people.
is a great example in our industry: and more.
The Reality for many brands though, is that they are not quite ready for the full-blown PBR strategy. Even launching one PBR may be difficult.
For that reason in the weeks and months ahead I'm going to be creating a content series that gives brands the incremental steps to get from Reality to the Ideal.
And BTW, not all brands need to go all the way to "Ideal." There will be actionable material for everyone in this series.
Watch this space!
First thing I want to note: this is NOT the removal of photos from Google+. That idea is absurd and has never been what anyone at Google actually said.
It is simply making available to non Google+ users the amazing photo functions we Google+ users have enjoyed for a while, with a few new bells and whistles.
In today's 2-1/2 minute video lesson, "Professor" of shows you how to use a NoIndex tag. A NoIndex tag tells search engines that you do not want them to index that page for display in search results.
There's a lot more to it than that, though. View the lesson at http://stonet.co/howtonoindex to find our why and when you should use a NoIndex tag, and what it actually does (and does not) do.
View the lesson at http://stonet.co/howtonoindex
#seo #dmclassroom #noindex #html #plusonly