- Stone Temple ConsultingSenior Director of Online Marketing, 2014 - presentResponsible for strategic planning and implementation of the online branding, promotion, and reputation of Stone Temple Consulting, as well as specialized consulting with selected Stone Temple clients.
- Virante Inc.Director of Digital Outreach, 2011 - 2013
- Virante Inc.Internet Marketing Analyst, 2009 - 2011
- Westminster BookstoreManager of Online Marketing
- The Covenant School (Charlottesville VA)Assistant Administrator of Lower School
- Abbot LaboratoriesIV Products Sales Representative
- Uarco Business FormsAccount Manager
As Senior Director of Online Marketing for Stone Temple Consulting, I'm responsible for raising the awareness of STC's renowned services for our many Fortune 500 level clients.
What can you expect me to talk and engage about? Social Media Consulting + Social Media Marketing + Content Marketing + Inbound Marketing + Internet Marketing + Google+ Business Pages + Paid Search Advertising and anything to do with connecting on the web!
My mission is to help you get seen and heard, to get your message out and bring in people who want and need what you have to offer. My special know-how is in the intersection of social and search.
I'm the Senior Director of Online Marketing for Stone Temple Consulting, one of the leading online marketing agencies in the United States.
On Google+ you'll see me posting and sharing mostly about social media and how we can more effectively use it to collaborate and transform our world.
- Active user every day since Google+ Day 3
- In the Top 500 of US G+ users according to CircleCount.com
- The Stone Temple Digital Marketing Excellence Blog
- Social Media Marketing columnist for Marketing Land
- Published on Search Engine Land, Moz (Featured Author), Social Media Today and many other top publications.
- All my LinkedIn Pulse articles
- Speaker at major conferences across the US, including MozCon, SMX, and Pubcon
Read and subscribe to my Flipboard Magazines. I daily curate there the best online marketing related news, tips, and articles I run across all over the web:
- Google+ Plus Power http://flip.it/IxUeA
- Online Marketing Daily http://flip.it/h2nXP
- SEO Search Engine Optimization Daily http://flip.it/7LvQK
Available to speak at your conference! Also for press, podcast, and webinar interviews. Contact me through this profile or the email address below.
All posts and opinons expressed by me on Google+ are entirely my own and do not necessarily reflect those of my employer or any other organization with which I might be connected.
My home blog is at Stone Temple Consulting. I write the Social Media Marketing column for Marketing Land, I also contribute to Moz, Search Engine Land, Maximize Social Business, Social Media Today and many other top digital marketing sites.
I have spoken at numerous industry conferences, including MozCon, Pubcon, SMX (Advanced, East, West & Social Media), and SearchExchange.
I tweet at @marktraphagen
Finally, let me leave you with a benediction, courtesy of my friend Eli Fennell:
In nomine Google, et Long Tail, et spiritus AuthorRank.
- Westminster Theological SeminaryM.A.R. in Biblical Studies, 2004 - 2009
- Liberty UniversityB.A. Interdisciplinary.
- Stone Temple Consulting Blog (current)
- Marketing Land Social Media Column (current)
- Search Engine Land (current)
- Moz.com (current)
- Maximize Social Business Blog (current)
- AuthorRank.org (current)
- New Media Leaders (current)
- Social Media Today (current)
- Plus Your Business (current)
- LinkedIn Publishing (current)
- Slideshare (current)
- Pinterest (current)
- SteamFeed (current)
- GplusGeek (current)
- G+SEO.net (past)
- SocialFresh Blog (current)
- Inbound.org (current)
- Pinterest (current)
- Max Real Estate Exposure (current)
- Buzz (past)
- Cisco Blog (past)
- Amazon Reviews (current)
- Flipboard Magazines (current)
- Real Integrated Marketing (current)
See Our Just-Published Before & After Study
at pulled ranking data on the top 10 mobile results for 15,235 search queries the week of April 17th (before the so-called #Mobilegeddon Google update rollout), and again the week of May 18th. We pulled ranking information, and also identified whether or not the URLs in the results were designated as Mobile Friendly by Google or not.
Because of the size and methodology of our study, we were able to show the real change that the Mobile Ranking Update brought about that other, smaller and more anecdotal studies missed.
Read the complete study at http://stonet.co/MobilegeddonStudy
If you find this information useful, please reshare it! Thanks!
#mobilemarketing #mobilefriendly #mobileseo #seo
....and yes, Discovery Channel has been running Shark Week for 27 years.
....and yes, has been desperate for clickbait headlines for nine years.
Check out the current happenings in the PYB Community. Read more…
Message from Martin:
I had an awesome time at the conference in Dallas last week. Great to connect with Lissa Duty and the crew at #RocksDigital - talking Google for Business.
I'm still building up content, case studies and connections re: Local, Reviews and bringing customers to your door. Thanks for your patience, it will all start flowing again soon. I have a plan! :D
p.s. this was a cool, well done, made me 'feel special' kind of a list to be included in: http://plusyourbiz.com/vp
Watch The PYB Show:
Special Edition for Academy Members Only with &
Login to your Academy account to catch up on what Martin has on the horizon!
FEATURED STORIES From PYB The Academy Community
Posts you may have missed from PYB Academy Members
1. The World of Periscope and Real Estate - Will it be a game changer? by… http://plusyourbiz.com/vi
2. Why Your Content Needs to Be Unique - Here's Why with Mark and Eric ...by & http://plusyourbiz.com/vj
3. Help Your College Graduate Get on Track Financially...by http://plusyourbiz.com/vo
Interested in The PYB Academy?
Sign up here: www.plusyourbusiness.com/academy
That’s our week in review! Great to see you all this week and can’t wait to see what the next 7 has in store. Cheers!
Hey parents! Camp Google is a free summer camp that gets kids learning through fun, interactive science activities and adventures. Led by experts, the activities have been designed to encourage kids to ask questions, setting them on a lifelong journey of exploration and discovery. Camp Google opens July 13th, stay tuned!
But you've never seen it like this.
The brilliant Zen Pencils manages to turn a poem that is little more than a loose collection of aphorisms for living a good life into a touching and impacting narrative.
Down to earth
We're collapsing like buildings
We are echoes over hills
We are chasing the sound
But the world keeps turning
At the end of everything
Yeah, the world keeps turning
At the end of everything
"The End of Everything" by Measure
Photo: Taken by me at the Columbia River Gorge, Oregon
Just 10 days before its closest flyby of Pluto, 's New Horizons spacecraft experienced a scary (and we hope temporary) computer glitch.
An anomaly signal in the main computer caused New Horizons to switch to its backup computer and temporarily lose contact with earth. Contact is now reestablished, and diagnostics are being run on the problem.
No indication yet if this is any threat to getting good data from the flyby.
#PlutoFlyby #nasa #t