- Fletcher BuildingSenior Consultant - Sourcing and Mobility, 2015 - presentMy role requires the delivery of a strong proactive candidate pipeline through the sourcing channel optimisation and to capture potential internal mobility and develop sustainable talent pools. I work on a trusted global search team of sourcing & mobility consultants specialising in proactively sourcing, talent pooling and marketing candidates to support both open vacancies and future hiring needs. A key function for this role is to also develop, train and assess the team organisational capabilities in social media talent acquisition, technology and innovation. This role manages all the capabilities for the executive recruitment requirements whilst also being responsible for capturing the internal mobility of key staff and ensuring the effective delivery of sourced potential talent to Fletcher Building through the FB Recruitment team to ensure effective delivery of outcomes.
- ASB BankTalent Innovation Manager, 2010 - 2015A member of the recruitment leadership team, I own the strategy, roadmap and implementation of proactive and innovative internal and external sourcing strategies, frameworks, systems and pipelines for delivery of Talent. I lead the development and execution of strategic sourcing plans to support ASB's growth and recruitment needs including leading Market Mapping and Market Research. Developing and maintaining ASB's Employer Brand including EVP, careers site and culture branding content ensuring the best candidate experience. Leading Social Media channel recruitment across the team providing coaching clinics to best leverage social media for recruitment. Coaching and training the Talent Acquisition Consultants on best use of sourcing channels and strategic market mapping. Working closely with the ASB Technology & Innovation team leveraging our market leading technology and appetite for innovative thought. Working closely with the ASB Social Media team to undertake and lead internal and external Blogs, Twitter chats and other social media engagements. Develop, embed and report on the ASB Employee Referral and Alumni program. Identifying and implementing alternative sourcing, recruiting and employer brand promotion channels whilst creating and engaging with talent pools and communities. Managing key external supplier relationships. Assisting with career frameworks and supporting colleagues to meet future internal mobility requirements.
- National Australia BankSenior Recruitment Consultant, 2008 - 2010Responsible for Internal and External recruitment of Talent within NAB Business Banking including: Institutional & Corporate Banking, Leverage Finance, Working Capital Services, Trade / International Finance, Agribusiness / Rural and Private Equity. Promoting the Regional Recruitment Strategy in taking a pro-active approach to talent identification both internally & externally whilst providing expert industry knowledge to the EGM's and their teams. Managing end-to-end senior recruitment assignment processes and driving new recruitment initiatives in line with the strategic direction of the business units. Providing strategic Recruitment / Work Force Planning advice to hiring managers whilst playing an integral role in external talent identification, mapping and engagement for Business Banking. Working collaboratively with State-based HR Consultants and Capability Consultants to ensure strategic internal recruitment practices are supported Manage a team of Business Banking recruitment consultants in day-to-day activities and provide leadership, guidance and counsel as required. National Account Manager for recruitment across Institutional Banking, Private Equity and Agribusiness.
- Allco Finance GroupHR / Recruitment Consultant, 2007 - 2009Design and implementation of group wide Recruitment strategy and model. Working collaboratively with Heads of the Funds Management and Group Services Divisions, and the Head of HR, to deliver solutions that build competitive advantage, enhance organizational performance and enable realization of the business strategy through people. In particular responsible for setting and driving each Division’s Recruitment and HR agenda; rolling out groupwide HR programs; providing strategic advice, direction and support for business change; providing HR generalist service and support, and facilitating employee engagement/communication initiatives.
- Hudson Global Resources LimitedInternational Careers Consultant, 2003 - 2007Pro-actively sourcing Banking and Finance candidates, both locally and globally. Implementing and promoting candidate referral programs. Established and wrote material for the International Careers micro site on the Hudson corporate website. Conducting search assignments for specific projects / roles.
- Robert Walters plcInternational Recruitment Consultant, 1996 - 20032000 - 2003 (Sydney) Establishing, developing and account managing a client base consisting of blue-chip multinationals within the Media, Entertainment and FMCG sectors Full end-to-end recruitment services (behavioural interviews, reference checks, post placement follow ups) 1996 -1999 (London) Responsible for managing 4 local direct reports and 3 international indirect reports and ensuring all Accounting & Finance candidates leaving / arriving in London, were dealt with in a professional and timely manner. Monthly management reporting involving placement and revenue generated by global offices and presentation of those figures to London and Asia-Pacific senior management Responsible for planning and conducting candidate sourcing seminars held in London, South Africa and Australia and presentation of global recruitment market trends to management team.
Recruitment has been my life and soul for the past 20 years having worked in agency and in-house roles in the UK, Australia and New Zealand. My experience crosses the breadth and depth of recruitment from candidate management to developing and implementing innovative sourcing strategies; end-to-end recruitment at Executive level and managing both Sourcing and Recruitment teams during my time in agency and in-house.
I’m proud to be a part of an industry where we get to work with people as they grow and develop their careers, being part of that life changing decision. I get great enjoyment from working with a team and mentoring, coaching and helping them grow their own careers.
I am a blogger, conference speaker and people engager. I love anything related to digital technology and am active on social media where I engage and avidly research emerging technology, digital marketing, talent acquisition strategies and global sourcing trends.
- University of KwaZulu-NatalBachelor of Commerce, 1992 - 1994Double Major in Business and Law
- Durban High SchoolMatriculation, 1987 - 1991