- ASB BankTalent Innovation Manager, 2010 - 2015A member of the recruitment leadership team, I own the strategy, roadmap and implementation of proactive and innovative internal and external sourcing strategies, frameworks, systems and pipelines for delivery of Talent. I lead the development and execution of strategic sourcing plans to support ASB's growth and recruitment needs including leading Market Mapping and Market Research. Developing and maintaining ASB's Employer Brand including EVP, careers site and culture branding content ensuring the best candidate experience. Leading Social Media channel recruitment across the team providing coaching clinics to best leverage social media for recruitment. Coaching and training the Talent Acquisition Consultants on best use of sourcing channels and strategic market mapping. Working closely with the ASB Technology & Innovation team leveraging our market leading technology and appetite for innovative thought. Working closely with the ASB Social Media team to undertake and lead internal and external Blogs, Twitter chats and other social media engagements. Develop, embed and report on the ASB Employee Referral and Alumni program. Identifying and implementing alternative sourcing, recruiting and employer brand promotion channels whilst creating and engaging with talent pools and communities. Managing key external supplier relationships. Assisting with career frameworks and supporting colleagues to meet future internal mobility requirements.
- National Australia BankSenior Recruitment Consultant, 2008 - 2010Responsible for Internal and External recruitment of Talent within NAB Business Banking including: Institutional & Corporate Banking, Leverage Finance, Working Capital Services, Trade / International Finance, Agribusiness / Rural and Private Equity. Promoting the Regional Recruitment Strategy in taking a pro-active approach to talent identification both internally & externally whilst providing expert industry knowledge to the EGM's and their teams. Managing end-to-end senior recruitment assignment processes and driving new recruitment initiatives in line with the strategic direction of the business units. Providing strategic Recruitment / Work Force Planning advice to hiring managers whilst playing an integral role in external talent identification, mapping and engagement for Business Banking. Working collaboratively with State-based HR Consultants and Capability Consultants to ensure strategic internal recruitment practices are supported Manage a team of Business Banking recruitment consultants in day-to-day activities and provide leadership, guidance and counsel as required. National Account Manager for recruitment across Institutional Banking, Private Equity and Agribusiness.
- Allco Finance GroupHR / Recruitment Consultant, 2007 - 2009Design and implementation of group wide Recruitment strategy and model. Working collaboratively with Heads of the Funds Management and Group Services Divisions, and the Head of HR, to deliver solutions that build competitive advantage, enhance organizational performance and enable realization of the business strategy through people. In particular responsible for setting and driving each Division’s Recruitment and HR agenda; rolling out groupwide HR programs; providing strategic advice, direction and support for business change; providing HR generalist service and support, and facilitating employee engagement/communication initiatives.
- Hudson Global Resources LimitedInternational Careers Consultant, 2003 - 2007Pro-actively sourcing Banking and Finance candidates, both locally and globally. Implementing and promoting candidate referral programs. Established and wrote material for the International Careers micro site on the Hudson corporate website. Conducting search assignments for specific projects / roles.
- Robert Walters plcInternational Recruitment Consultant, 1996 - 20032000 - 2003 (Sydney) Establishing, developing and account managing a client base consisting of blue-chip multinationals within the Media, Entertainment and FMCG sectors Full end-to-end recruitment services (behavioural interviews, reference checks, post placement follow ups) 1996 -1999 (London) Responsible for managing 4 local direct reports and 3 international indirect reports and ensuring all Accounting & Finance candidates leaving / arriving in London, were dealt with in a professional and timely manner. Monthly management reporting involving placement and revenue generated by global offices and presentation of those figures to London and Asia-Pacific senior management Responsible for planning and conducting candidate sourcing seminars held in London, South Africa and Australia and presentation of global recruitment market trends to management team.
Working in Recruitment / Talent Acquisition and enjoying Sourcing, Technology and Social Media, I utilise the experience and skills I gained from working in the UK, Australia and New Zealand markets to design, implement and optimise Sourcing strategies for ASB.
I am a technology enthusiast, beginner blogger and "people engager" and love working for an innovative and people centric brand that values its employees and customers!
Eager to learn, I follow emerging technology, talent acquisition strategies and global sourcing trends, striving to bring what I learn to life!
Talent Acquisition, Business Partnering, Developing and implementing Talent Sourcing Tools and Strategies, Human Resources Consulting, Social Media Recruitment, Market Mapping & Market Research, Redeployment and In-placement programmes, Talent Management Systems / ATS: Page UP and Snaphire.
- University of KwaZulu-NatalBachelor of Commerce, 1992 - 1994Double Major in Business and Law
- Durban High SchoolMatriculation, 1987 - 1991