Hit that update button, folks.
"Exploit for local Linux kernel bug in circulation - Update" http://www.h-online.com/open/news/item/Exploit-for-local-Linux-kernel-bug-in-circulation-Update-1863892.html/from/twitter <- Nice to see the Security team taking lead on this.
49 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 8 previous comments
- Can you explain why that would be, is it due to this specific bug or based on something else? Thanks.May 16, 2013
- Thanks, thanks to the team too.May 16, 2013
- Mark, out of interest, what would you say is the turnaround-time from disclosure to release of patch?May 16, 2013
- He's right, and the reason is that the patch that introduced the bug was fixed sooner in a rolling distro, but also introduced sooner. The thing that makes it worth it is that it was also fixed, like most of these errors, before any exploits that utilized it were released.May 17, 2013
- Which is probably why Linux's security is top notch.May 17, 2013
Agreed...May 23, 2013