I tend not to use Facebook Insights as much as I manage our pages through third party software. Looks pretty cool, though. Shows demographics of people that have been near to your business. Includes age and gender, as well as whether they're local or travelling.
I see Facebook first announced it late last year:
I'm seeing the new Facebook Page layout as of today.
• Cover photo is now 1012px x 385px
• Profile photo is 70px x 70px
App/menu items are now in a full list down the left sidebar (note there are no thumbnails for these apps) and the modules are all down the right (that 'This Week' module isn't displaying correctly at the moment. Just keeps spinning).
More screenshots and a comparison on the link: http://www.marklincoln.co.nz/social/facebook/new-facebook-page-design-layout-for-2016-with-dimensions/
have launched a new keyboard for iOS that allows you to search from within any app using a quick link on the top of the keyboard.
"Publishers are required to tag the marketer's Page in any post that mentions a third party brand, product, or sponsor. When tagged, the marketer will be notified and will be able to see high level performance insights, such as reach and engagement for the post.
"Branded content posts will appear in News Feed with the “with” tag.
_"Marketers that have been tagged in posts will be able to collaborate more closely with media publishers and influencers by seeing high level post metrics of reach and engagement for branded content posts they are tagged in. If the publisher or influencer boosted their post or created it as an ad, the marketer will be able to see total spend and CPM on the post."
Third party social media management tools will have to update to accommodate this. Sprout Social have added a new function in the compose screen to tag another Facebook Page for this purpose:
#facebook #socialmediamarketing #sproutsocial
I haven't had a play yet but could be worth having a look through. Looks like it's more targeted to small businesses setting up for the first time, but I could be wrong.
Marketing Land's take on it:
#socialmedia #socialmediamanagement #socialmediamonitoring #twitter
"To recap, we’re currently testing ads that have two 30-character headlines and one 80-character description line. These test ads also contain two customizable 15-character path fields that will be appended to your Display URLs automatically. Compared to your existing ads, it’s 45 extra characters in text, plus an additional URL path field."
This follows Google removing ads from the right-hand rail of search results, meaning more consistency across devices and so they were no longer limited by how ads display in that smaller format.
"The average car shopper today makes just two dealership visits in the search for the perfect vehicle. That’s because today car shoppers turn to mobile to research models, find deals, and get real-time advice. David Mogensen, Google’s head of YouTube ads marketing and former automotive marketer, shares how to tap into this new auto buying process."
• 69% of car shoppers using YouTube were influenced by it.
• 6 out of 10 car shoppers enter the market unsure of which car to buy
Search interest has increased for:
• 'truck space" and 'towing capacity'
• luxury options like 'panoramic sunroof' and 'backup camera'
• 'MSRP and list prices (up 25% in the past year)
• trade-in value (up 17%)
Top 3 types of video content for auto shoppers:
• Test drives
• Features and options
Time spent watching these types of videos when up 2x in the past year.
Article by David Mogensen for .
- Miles Motor GroupMarketing Manager, 2012 - presentProud to lead the team responsible for the on-and-offline marketing of one of New Zealand's most successful automotive groups. Our team is responsible for... • building, maintaining and monitoring around 50 Social Media profiles, • developing dealership websites, • email direct marketing, • online advertising • marketing events • press advertising • direct mail ... for the group's 10 franchise dealerships, service centres, and an independent showroom - representing 7 automotive marques via 12 'bricks and mortar' locations throughout the country.
- FoodstuffsWeb Content Designer, 2011 - 2012
- NZS.comEditor, 2009 - 2011
- Hot Pyjama ProductionsBusiness Development Manager, 2007 - 2009
- Wattyl NZ LtdIndustrial Sales Representative
- Rock & Ice Aotearoa LtdMarketing Manager
- Mark Lincoln (current)
- NZ Raw (current)
- Cockram Nissan (current)
- Miles Continental (current)
- Mercedes-Benz North Shore (current)
- Chrysler Jeep Dodge North Shore (current)
- Lexus of Christchurch (current)
- Miles Toyota (current)
- Ilam Toyota (current)
- Pacific Toyota (current)
- Miles Limited (current)
- Cockram Kia (current)
Our team is involved with event and print marketing, social media, email marketing, online advertising, and website design, development, and SEO.
The brands that I currently work with are: Toyota, Lexus, Volkswagen, ŠKODA, Nissan, Kia and Mercedes-Benz.
- Electec CollegeAdvanced Certificate in Computer Systems Engineering
- Liverpool UniversityAlmost successfully completed one quarter of an Aerospace Engineering degree.
- Helsby High
The Creator Playbook for Brands – Think Insights – Google
In the YouTube Creator Playbook, we translate the tools and know-how developed by a generation of YouTube content creators to help brands de
Digital talent wars hotting up in 2014: Font :: StopPress
Specialist content and digital roles will see the biggest salary increases among creative and marketing industries this year with increasing
Problems Verifying Your Google Places (Local) Listing?
Verifying your claim to any form of business listing online can be a royal pain in the ass. From postcards sent to physical addresses that d
’s America’s Cup Headline and the Following Onslaught
If you were following Twitter shortly after Emirate Team New Zealand's America's Cup loss, you may have noticed a fair bit of conversation s
New Facebook Promotion Guidelines: Go Nuts! | Mark Lincoln
New guidelines are out for running promotions on Facebook! Find out what you need to know when it comes to running competitions on Facebook.
Google Plus and Social Engagement | Social Media Today
One of the lesser known but major benefits of Google Plus is that you can track the social engagement with any web article. While you can ty
Inviting a Manager to your Google+ Page | Mark Lincoln
Having issues with inviting a Google+ account to be a manager of a Google+ Page? This solution might help.
Analytics profiles will be renamed as views - Analytics Help
With the advent of the new Admin interface in Analytics, we are renaming profiles to views. The term views provides a more accurate descript