This is the actual page for following what's new on MES, but I will also post important news in my feed as well.
4 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
- Gethin - I'm glad to hear that you like the site and materials. The backings for the game cards are actually to stop the cards from being so translucent that the kids can see what the object is when it's turned over. You could just paste on some construction paper to the back and laminate but I think the backings give the cards a more polished/professional look.
One thing you can do is use the large flashcards and print 4 to 8 per page and cut them out to make small game cards without backings. There's a post on this here: http://www.mes-english.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=481
The words are a bit trickier. There are the problems of several words for one object, use an article, don't use an article, British vs. American spellings, and so on. I personally don't like them on there. Right now the option for words on the cards is only available with the PowerPoint files. Those have the words on the slide and you can print directly from that program but the pages are 1/sheet. I have never tried to resize those files upon printing. It might be possible.
I would like to have an option for people to be able to make their own flashcards. In that case, they would be able to control all of these variables. I can't say when or if that will make it to the site, but I do hope so.Sep 21, 2012
- I just found this site- it is really fantastic! Thank you so much for putting all these ideas up! I am a first-year teacher- it is second semester now, so I had officially run out of games until I found your site! :) Thanks again!Dec 30, 2012
- I'm glad you like the site and that the ideas will be helpful. However, don't be afraid to use the same activities over and over again. If children enjoy an activity, they'll be happy to do it again and again. Just change the content (vocabulary or grammar) and play again next time. Please let me know how it goes.Dec 30, 2012
- Thank you so much for all your valuable materials, ideas etc. My teaching in Spain is so much the richer for it. The kids love your cartoons and your activity ideas are always a pleasure to try with excellent results.
All the best to you and your wife!Sep 13, 2013
- By the way, having just read some of the other comments regarding word and flashcard..I just type my own words and have them printed and laminated separately. I then use these for matching exercises, especially the fun ones where the children grab a word and go find the corresponding picture in a sort of race. It's all fun with so many zany pictures!Sep 13, 2013
- Hi, mark,
thanks a lot for all the materials you create and share. I was trying to use the "spelling and trace" sheet generator, and I have already installed the "print clearly" font on my computer, but now I am stocked as I don't know how to apply it on the sheet. could you please help me?
many thanksJan 18, 2014
- Roser - Sorry for the late reply to this. You may have needed to simply close your browser one time to get the font to load properly, but can you tell me which maker you were trying to use? The free writing worksheets here http://www.toolsforeducators.com/writing/ ? Also, which web browser are you using?Jan 20, 2014
Add a comment...