Freeboard is a damn-sexy, real-time dashboard builder for IOT and other web mashups. It's a free open source alternative to Geckoboard.
Build real-time, interactive dashboards and visualizations in minutes using the intuitive drag and drop interface.
Image / GitHub / Download:
The MIT License (MIT)
- RackspaceLinux System Administrator, 2012 - present• API/Infrastructure/OpenStack trainer • Developing internal tools • Solution design and implementation • Provide fanatical service to top cloud customers • DevOps Advisory - workshops on agile methodology and associated toolsets • Solution design involving OpenStack hybrid cloud deployments • Help customers design and implement scale-able web farms and database infrastructure • Implementing Automation and CI (continuous integration)
- RentsysadminLinux System Administrator, 2009 - present
- Revolve MagazineWeb Developer, 2011 - 2012
- Tribeca DigitalSystems Administrator, 2011 - 2012
- headspaceCo-Founder, 2012 - 2012
- UpsourcesSystems Administrator, 2010 - 2011
- OrangeIT Manager, 2008 - 2011
- Systems Administrator, 2009 - 2011
- BSDiSystems Administrator, 1999 - 2001
- Swan SystemsSystems Administrator, 2001 - 2002
- EGL NetworksSystems Administrator, 2003 - 2006
- AscoNetSystems Administrator, 2006 - 2007
- IBMSystems Administrator, 2007 - 2008
Enterprise-level systems and data center administration is where
my interests lie. Large scale role outs, systems architecture, platform
and hardware management, deep automation and enterprise scale alerting
I am increasingly interested in IT policy, how to handle and deal with the challenges of large IT organizations. Structuring knowledge sharing, collaboration, documentation, aspects of ITIL, best practices, etc.
I am also interested in IT security, and managing security in large IT environments.
I like to think out of the box and ask the hard questions. I assume nothing and always try to build context and a sense of the big picture in everything I do. I enjoy extreme complexity and digging into, and making myself master of, complex IT systems. The devil is in the details. Because of the amount of importance I place on accuracy of information, context and detail, I will often be the go-to guy for understanding how something -actually- works. In my communications, I always provide context and prefer giving too much information, that too little.
I am a collaboration junkie. I love tools that make it easier to share information with people, and to connect to others. I am a great proponent of introducing social software into the enterprise, such as blogs, forums, wiki's etc. I am a fan of Microsoft's Sharepoint technology, and will often refer to it as a good starting point to achieve higher forms of collaboration and information dissemination.
IBM Certified Solution Expert, SUN Certified Web Component, Developer for JAVA 2, Enterprise Edition Platform, Redhat enterprise engineer, Certified Systems Administrator HP-UX, Oracle9i Database Administrator Certified Professional, CISCO wireless - CCNAW
- VIA UniversityICT Engineering, 2011 - 2012
- Colegiul National de Informatica 'Grigore Moisil'" Brasov