Јунг је класификовао људе према доминантом ставу или оријентацији либида на екстрoвертни и интровертни тип, као и према доминантној психичкој функцији на интуитивни, мисаони, осећајни и сензитивни (перцептивни) тип. Када се узме психичка функција као критеријум поделе, људи се могу поделити на рационални и ирационални тип. Напослетку, када се укрсте ова два критеријума поделе (према функцији и према типу оријентације), добија се типологија која има осам типова (нпр. екстрoвертни мисаони, интровертни мисаони, екстрoвертни интуитивни, интровертни интуитивни, екстрoвертни осећајни итд.).
The Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) assessment is a psychometric questionnaire designed to measure psychological preferences in how people perceive the world and make decisions. These preferences were extrapolated from the typological theories proposed by Carl Gustav Jung. Jung theorized that there are four principal psychological functions by which we experience the world: sensation, intuition, feeling, and thinking. One of these four functions is dominant most of the time.
Here you can find more about the different personality types:
Take your test here and understand your personality. :)
via: a private poster
But it is the subtlety of his manliness, the way he carried himself, taught his children, made his choices, that makes his manliness all the more real, all the more potent. His manhood was not displayed in great showy acts but in quiet, consistent strength, in supreme self-possession. The manliness of Atticus Finch does not leap off the page; instead, it burrows its way inside of you, sticks with you, causes your soul to say, “Now that is the kind of man I wish to be.”
Some of my favourite quotes:
- Do not read, as children do, to amuse yourself, or like the ambitious, for the purpose of instructuons. No, read in order to live. (Gustave Flaubert)
- Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great. (Mark Twain)
- If you set off to a certain goal and keep stopping along the way to throw stones at every dog that barks at you, you will never reach your destination. (Fyodor Dostoevsky)
- After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music. (Aldous Huxley)
- I think we ought to read only the kind of books that wound or stab us. If the book we're reading doesn't wake us up with a blood to the head, what are we reading for? So that it will make us happy, as you write? Good Lord, we would be happy precisely if we had no books, and the kind of books that make us happy are the kind we could write ourselves if we had to. A book must be the axe for the frozen sea within us. (Franz Kafka)
- Translators are the shadow heroes of literature, the often forgotten instruments that make it possible for different cultures to talk to one another, who have enabled us to understand that we all, from every part of the world, live in one world. (Paul Auster)
- Faculty of Philology, University of BelgradeDepartment of Anglistics