- Branding PersonalitySocial Media Marketing Strategist, 2006 - present
- Hensel HostingMarketing Manager, 2004 - 2006
- ABN AmroManagement Trainee, 2003 - 2004
- In PersonConsultant, 2003 - 2003
111 N. Harbor Blvd #2, Fullerton, CA 92832
Marieke (pronounce like Eureka) runs Digital Marketing Agency: Branding Personality. She lived and worked in Brazil, Romania, the US, and in the Netherlands – where she was born and raised. She got started in Search Engine Optimization (SEO) in 1998, and after that in Online Advertising and Social Media Marketing. She currently works with business owners and marketing managers transform their online outreach into a social outreach. Her clients vary from auto dealerships to restaurants, and from blogger personalities to international speakers and authors.
Marieke is an internationally published co-author of BusinessWise, a collaborative book for small companies with large ambitions. BusinessWise was the #2 bestselling business book on Amazon.co.uk in May 2007. In 2009 she wrote: Social Media Strategies for your Restaurant Business. And her latest book is – ‘Next Up: Essential Social Media Strategies for Auto Dealerships’ that she co-authored with Kathi Kruse. She is listed in the VIVA400 for 2009 & 2010 in the Netherlands. A ranking, like the Forbes500 that lists the 400 most successful women in the Netherlands, compiled by Viva magazine.
In the rare moments when she’s not developing winning strategies for her clients or speaking at events, she is playing Settlers of Catan at her weekly-hosted board game nights.
- Haarlem Business SchoolSmall Business Management & Doing Business in Emerging Markets, 1997 - 2002
- CSG Emmen1991 - 1996
- Universidade de Sao PauloMarketing, Business Administration, 1999 - 2000
- Universiteit LeidenJapanese, 2006 - 2006
- Payson High School1996 - 1997
- De Wilker1983 - 1991