My name is pronounced Mari "like Ferrari" (I used to say "like calamari" but much prefer Ferrari!). I refer to myself as a "bubbly Scottish-Canadian." I was born in Canada to Scottish parents, then moved to Scotland at age 12 with my dad and four sisters, then moved to San Diego, California in 1999 where I reside today. So, my hybrid accent is "Scandifornian!" ツ hehee
My main book is The New Relationship Marketing: How To Build A Large, Loyal, Profitable Network Using The Social Web and I'm coauthor with Chris Treadaway of Facebook Marketing: An Hour A Day v2.
I've been an active leader in the social media space since early 2007. (Previous to that, I was an online business coach and internet marketing consultant). I particularly love teaching businesses of all sizes how to full integrate social media in order to become much more successful and more profitable, and to become a true "social business." I especially enjoy working with companies dedicated to making a difference and creating positive change on the planet.
From the media:
* "a veritable engine of personal branding, a relationship marketing whiz, and the Pied Piper of Facebook." ~FastCompany
* one of the top ten Most Influential Small Business People on Twitter. ~Dun & Bradstreet Credibility
* one of the Top Ten Influencers in Social Media. ~Forbes
* #3 most Influential Woman in Social Media. ~Forbes
* a social media thought leader. ~Inc.
* one of the Top 25 Social Media Allstars. ~ClickZ.com
* one of 5 Personal Brands with Great Facebook Pages. ~PersonalBranding.com
I have been featured in The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, Inc. Magazine, Fortune, Forbes, multiple times in Success Magazine, The Vancouver Sun, The Sunday Herald (UK), on American Express OPEN Forum, Social Media Examiner, and hundreds of small business blogs.
- MariSmith.com • Social Media Consultant, Trainer & Speaker • Facebook Marketing Expert • Author, 'The New Relationship Marketing' • Coauthor: 'Facebook Marketing: An Hour A Day' • Named one of the Top Ten Social Media Influencers by D&B Credibility and Forbes • Dubbed 'The pied piper of the online world' by Fast Company • Scottish-Canadian ツMari Smith International Inc., 2007 - present
- Internet Marketing Consultant, Relationship Marketing Specialist, Success Coach, Speaker, Trainer, Copywriter, Information Marketer, Info-Product CreatorMariSmith.com, 1999 - 2011
- Sales and Marketing Specialist, Computer Trainer, Public SpeakerVarious Employers in Scotland, 1983 - 1999
LeadPages Software - Mobile Responsive Landing Page Generator
LeadPages™ Software is the world's easiest landing page generator. It's the easiest way to build conversion optimized & mobile responsive la
Top Five Facebook Marketing Mistakes – And How To Fix Them!
If you’ve been feeling overwhelmed by the constant changes on Facebook and frustrated with a lack of solid results, you’re not alone. Many s
8 Economic Fun Facts About Social Media Platforms | Socialnomics
Social media platforms are a wealth of information, from what your best friend had for breakfast this morning to breaking news
This Easy Morning Stretch Will Revitalize Your Body, And Give You A Boos...
ThisÂ routine will activate all of your vital organs, center your mind, and improve your overall health in just 10 minutes a day! The Sun Sa
Facebook Announces Live Events for Small Businesses, Featuring Mari Smith
Super exciting news! Facebook just announced a series of educational events called Boost Your Business, comprised of both half-day and 2-hou
3 Facebook News Feed Changes: What Marketers Need To Know
Three more Facebook changes to get our arms around this week! Facebook is constantly fine-tuning the super-complex algorithm that determines
Sprinklr Acquires Get Satisfaction to Help Brands Deliver Multi-Channel ...
Today, we announced the acquisition of Get Satisfaction – a critical step in our vision to help brands deliver amazing experiences at every
The Rise of the Facebook Queen: A Portrait of Mari Smith
In February of 1999, Mari Smith needed a sign from the universe. It showed up in the form of … cake. The Scottish-Canadian had arrived in Sa
[Infographic] Mobile and social: The ultimate in teamwork
We surveyed 1,000 US marketers across industries to see how advertisers are approaching cross-channel and cross-device retargeting on mobile
How To Double Your Twitter Followers In 5 Minutes A Day: The Social Scoo...
Proactively growing your Twitter follower base has so many strategic advantages for your business. It won't happen overnight, but it will ha
Dennis Yu answers your toughest Facebook questions
Have you seen this? Dennis Yu answers your toughest Facebook questions!
23 Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn & Pinterest Features You Should Know:...
Many of the popular social media platforms regularly add helpful new features - but there isn't always a big announcement, so it can be hard
Top Five Facebook Updates and Marketing Tips: The Social Scoop Issue 132
As you know, there’s always something new to keep up with when it comes to managing your business presence on Facebook. In this week’s issue
5 Cool Digital Trends in 2015 for All Social Media Marketers
We put together a list of compelling digital trends that will shape the future of social marketing in 2015 (and beyond).
Sensible Social Media Checklist for Businesses: The Social Scoop Issue 131
Could you use a simple checklist for your social media activity? Look no further, I've found an awesome one for you! Check out this week's t
Why Newsletters Are The Future Of Online Media: The Social Scoop Issue 130
Hello world! Every week, for the past two-and-a-half years, I've published an email newsletter - called THE SOCIAL SCOOP. I include my top s