Greetings!! I'm a Passionate Social Media Thought Leader, Speaker, Trainer, and Author with particular expertise in Facebook marketing and relationship marketing.
My name is pronounced Mari "like Ferrari" (I used to say "like calamari" but much prefer Ferrari!). I refer to myself as a "bubbly Scottish-Canadian." I was born in Canada to Scottish parents, then moved to Scotland at age 12 with my dad and four sisters, then moved to San Diego, California in 1999 where I reside today. So, my hybrid accent is "Scandifornian!" ツ hehee
My main book is The New Relationship Marketing: How To Build A Large, Loyal, Profitable Network Using The Social Web and I'm coauthor with Chris Treadaway of Facebook Marketing: An Hour A Day v2.
I've been an active leader in the social media space since early 2007. (Previous to that, I was an online business coach and internet marketing consultant). I particularly love teaching businesses of all sizes how to full integrate social media in order to become much more successful and more profitable, and to become a true "social business." I especially enjoy working with companies dedicated to making a difference and creating positive change on the planet.
From the media:
* "a veritable engine of personal branding, a relationship marketing whiz, and the Pied Piper of Facebook." ~FastCompany
* one of the top ten Most Influential Small Business People on Twitter. ~Dun & Bradstreet Credibility
* one of the Top Ten Influencers in Social Media. ~Forbes
* #3 most Influential Woman in Social Media. ~Forbes
* a social media thought leader. ~Inc.
* one of the Top 25 Social Media Allstars. ~ClickZ.com
* one of 5 Personal Brands with Great Facebook Pages. ~PersonalBranding.com
I have been featured in The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, Inc. Magazine, Fortune, Forbes, multiple times in Success Magazine, The Vancouver Sun, The Sunday Herald (UK), on American Express OPEN Forum, Social Media Examiner, and hundreds of small business blogs.