- MariSmith.com • Social Media Consultant, Trainer & Speaker • Facebook Marketing Expert • Author, 'The New Relationship Marketing' • Coauthor: 'Facebook Marketing: An Hour A Day' • Named one of the Top Ten Social Media Influencers by D&B Credibility and Forbes • Dubbed 'The pied piper of the online world' by Fast Company • Scottish-Canadian ツMari Smith International Inc., 2007 - present
- Internet Marketing Consultant, Relationship Marketing Specialist, Success Coach, Speaker, Trainer, Copywriter, Information Marketer, Info-Product CreatorMariSmith.com, 1999 - 2011
- Sales and Marketing Specialist, Computer Trainer, Public SpeakerVarious Employers in Scotland, 1983 - 1999
My name is pronounced Mari "like Ferrari" (I used to say "like calamari" but much prefer Ferrari!). I refer to myself as a "bubbly Scottish-Canadian." I was born in Canada to Scottish parents, then moved to Scotland at age 12 with my dad and four sisters, then moved to San Diego, California in 1999 where I reside today. So, my hybrid accent is "Scandifornian!" ツ hehee
My main book is The New Relationship Marketing: How To Build A Large, Loyal, Profitable Network Using The Social Web and I'm coauthor with Chris Treadaway of Facebook Marketing: An Hour A Day v2.
I've been an active leader in the social media space since early 2007. (Previous to that, I was an online business coach and internet marketing consultant). I particularly love teaching businesses of all sizes how to full integrate social media in order to become much more successful and more profitable, and to become a true "social business." I especially enjoy working with companies dedicated to making a difference and creating positive change on the planet.
From the media:
* "a veritable engine of personal branding, a relationship marketing whiz, and the Pied Piper of Facebook." ~FastCompany
* one of the top ten Most Influential Small Business People on Twitter. ~Dun & Bradstreet Credibility
* one of the Top Ten Influencers in Social Media. ~Forbes
* #3 most Influential Woman in Social Media. ~Forbes
* a social media thought leader. ~Inc.
* one of the Top 25 Social Media Allstars. ~ClickZ.com
* one of 5 Personal Brands with Great Facebook Pages. ~PersonalBranding.com
I have been featured in The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, Inc. Magazine, Fortune, Forbes, multiple times in Success Magazine, The Vancouver Sun, The Sunday Herald (UK), on American Express OPEN Forum, Social Media Examiner, and hundreds of small business blogs.
Content is King, Engagement is Queen, and Both Need Crowns!
co-founder TabSite.com // Blogger // Social Media Speaker
Social Media Examiner's Industry Report: 12 Key Takeaways - The Wishpond...
Social Media Examiner's Industry Report: 12 Key Takeaways We’ve analyzed and synthesized Social Media Examiner’s latest industry report to g
Small Business Success Podcast: Successful Female Entrepreneurs
In this Greatland Small Business Success Podcast, Steve interviews Mari Smith one of Forbes Top Social Media Influencers.
Brands must engage on Twitter or risk losing 15% of new followers | dotR...
Follower retention metrics and management are more important than ever as businesses invest in Twitter advertising to increase the size of t
10 Totally Irresistible Facebook Status Updates [Free PDF] - SociallySta...
We know you've worked really hard to build a loyal fan base on Facebook. But if you're finding that your fans aren't always as engaged as yo
The ultimate sales funnel for Internet Entrepreneurs [infographic]
This infographic is the ultimate in sales funnels for internet entrepreneurs. What do you think? What's missing? If you like this infographi
Facebook Marketing Expert Mari Smith Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
Social Media: Marketing Podcast - Facebook marketing expert Mari Smith shares tips for achieving the best reach possible using a combination
Lessons from the Leaderboard: Looking at Instagram’s Best
By now, you know that posting on Instagram is essential for your brand. But why are you using it, and how? This year, we will be monitoring
How to Create Work-Life Balance When You Work for Yourself
It will take some adjusting to get used to being your own boss, but the good news is that it is possible to run a business and have a happy,
How to Encourage Google+ Fans to Share Your Content |
Use Google+ Circles, Ripples and searches to identity, monitor and connect with your brand evangelists on Google+.
Lithium Technologies To Acquire Klout for at Least $100 Million - Social...
Klout has signed a deal with community software and social media marketing solutions company Lithium Technologies, IPO likely to follow.
Social Media One-Day IMMERSION with Mari Smith in San Diego - April 6, 2013
Join internationally renowned social media thought leader, Mari Smith, in this powerful one-day, hands-on Immersion and walk out with your r
Influencer Marketing: Google Changes The Game by @DanCristo
I hear a lot of buzz about influencer marketing — how it has evolved, how it comes in different flavors and how brands are using it — but I
Facebook Paper launches today : Takes on 3 rivals | SiliconANGLE
To discover content on Paper's home page, pull down on the top part of the screen to customize the app. Look for “Edit Sections,” tap it to
Facebook's mobile ad growth leads to a $2 billion quarter
A week shy of its 10th birthday, Facebook announced that it made nearly $2.6 billion in the last quarter of the year. The social network’s a
Facebook To Debut Paper App For IPhone Feb. 3 - AllFacebook
The proof is in the Paper: Merely hours after Facebook Co-Founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg discussed the social network’s focus on building s