Today’s a big day for design here at Google—along with the new google.com/design, we’ve got a lot more tools and content to share.
For starters, we’re updating the material design guidelines today (google.com/design/spec), with a focus on guidance for larger screens. We heard loud and clear from designers across the community that the guidelines for tablet and desktop sizes left a lot of open questions, so we’re providing additional recommendations for these sizes with this update. But that’s not all—the list of updates includes:
• Adaptive UI: a new section on layout and navigation for large screens.
• Navigation: a new section with suggestions for different levels of navigation.
• FAB expansion: additional examples of FAB expansion animations.
• Launch screens: a new section on displaying app branding and placeholder content when launching an app.
• Empty states: a new section on treatment for empty collections and other empty states.
For the full breakdown of what’s been added and updated, check out the What’s New section in the spec:
- Monument Valley
- Swinging Stupendo
- Crossy Road
- Information Architect, present
- eConversionsFrontend Developer
- haymarket.co.ukFrontend Developer
- ebay / mobile.deFrontend Developer
- mediaworxFrontend Developer
- EsprestoScreen Designer
Five Nights at Freddy's 3 - Android Apps on Google Play
Thirty years after Freddy Fazbear's Pizza closed it's doors, the events that took place there have become nothing more than a rumor and a ch
How Building a Black Hole for Interstellar Led to an Amazing Scientific ...
Kip Thorne looks into the black hole he helped create and thinks, “Why, of course. That's what it would do.” This particular black hole is a
Here's An Explanation For Everything You See In The New 'Star Wars' Trailer
The new "Star Wars" trailer is here! For the...
6 Reasons Why The iPhone is Definitely Better than Android
It's like comparing apples and oranges (because oranges are awful and no one likes them.)
This Dance Routine Is So Impressive That It Looks Unreal | 9GAG.tv
Can't tell if they are robots or humans...
Spike And Die: Why Products Created By Ad Agencies Fail | Co.Create | cr...
Leif Abraham, author of the new book Madison Valley argues that the agency model as we know it, set up to create communications, is not cond
17 People Who Took On The English Language And Lost
It's a tricky language. It's not THIS tricky a language.