Who is Marc Evan Aupiais?Attorney; Writer; Enthusiast of Germanic, Celtic, & Romance languages, with a love of exploring law, speech, legal systems, linguistics, sociology, & int. news.
I have always been fascinated with the law. By chance, it happens to be my field. I am an admitted attorney of the High Court of South Africa, as of 28 January 2016.
It was my fellow students' suggestions, in the final years of school, that I might be suited to a career in law, along with long discussions with a friend of mine - which imbued me with a keen interest in the history, language, and laws of the Roman Empire - that made me realise that law was the choice of career that best suited the ideas and plans I had for the future. I enrolled in an LLB degree at Wits University and subsequently graduated Bachelor of Laws a few years later.
I completed, with distinction, the Law Society's Legal Education and Development (L.E.A.D) School for Legal Practice program. I am pleased to have had the privilege of having served at two very different firms during my articles, giving me a much broader experience of work in the profession.
I believe success requires not just hard work, but intelligence, perseverance, humility, integrity, ingenuity, diligence, a strong work ethic, and the courage to request the assistance of those better-versed in a matter, or field.
I am passionate about the place of my birth, South Africa and am proud to be a patriot and citizen of this diverse and beautiful nation. I consider myself a global citizen and keep connections in a number of different nations across the world. Communicating with people from other cultures, I believe, has aided me to have a more open-minded approach in so far as how I see and interact with the world.
The cultures and legal systems, morals, and courtesy systems, languages, intricacies and religions of South Africa and of the world, are subjects I love to research. I extensively enjoy reading and writing, and in keeping abreast with important events occurring in other countries, I find my knowledge of other languages, especially French, to be quite useful.
Law & Career
Law firms I have worked at include: DL Wilson Attorneys in Randburg North, Desmond Barry Attorneys in Morningside, Sandton, Botha & Sutherland Attorneys in Aukland Park, Johannesburg. I currently work as a Consulting Attorney for Serina Govender Inc. Attorneys-at-Law. My professional website will tell you more about me, where you might want to subscribe to my professional blog . I also edit and write for the SACNS, write breaking news for a multinational service called InfosNews Breaking News, and act as a correspondent for the popular french language Les News service.
Novels I have written include
A Lesser Instinct | My first foray into the world of long form fiction.
Read it without payment - on Scribd.
Podcasting and YouTube
- Witswatersrand University Oliver Schreiner Law SchoolLLB Legum Baccalaureus Bachelor of Laws, 2009 - 2013Graduated LLB. My subjects were: Delict (Laws2003) Insurance (Laws3002) Negotiable Instruments & Banking Law (Laws3005) Business Entities (Laws3010) Constitutional Law (Laws3011) Introduction to Law (Laws1006) English Global Literature and Film (Eng1003) Introduction to Constitutional Law (Laws1002) Foundations of South African Law (Laws1004) Persons & Family Law (Laws1005) Customary Law (Laws1003) English Literature in Context (Eng1001) Criminal Law (Laws2001) Contract (Laws2002) Succession (Laws 2004) Legal Information Literacy (Laws2005) Criminal Procedure (Laws3031) Jurisprudence (LAWS2017) Property (LAWS3029) Public International Law (LAWS3030) Evidence (LAWS3032) Civil Procedure (LAWS3033) Forensic Medicine (FORM 4005/1) Administrative Law (LAWS 4060) Special Contracts (LAWS 4056) Appropriate Dispute Resolution (LAWS 4043) Practical Legal Studies (LAWS4003) Competition Law (LAWS4045) Environmental Law (LAWS4047) Insolvency Laws (LAWS4050)
- Trinityhouse High SchoolGeneral, 2004 - 2008
- Trinity House SchoolGeneral, 2001 - 2003
- De La Salle Holy Cross CollegeGeneral, 1996 - 2000
- SACNSEditor, 2007 - present
- ~Sacns (current)
- Media Notes (current)
- The Truth About Everyday Music (current)
- Tempest and the Hurricane (current)
- Tempest Without The Hurricane (current)
- Aupiais Notes (current)
- Catholic watchdog (current)
- Scripturelink Catholic Voters' Guide (current)
- Afrique du Sud catholique (current)
- Under the Lime Sun (current)
- Tridentine and Faith (current)
- Suid-Afrikaanse Katolieke (current)
- Sudáfricano Católica (current)
- Scripturelink Days and Dates (current)
- Scripturelink Ecyclopedia (current)
- ~SACNS (current)
- God Blessed me with a Saint (current)
- Insider Confessions Analysis (current)
- a legal listening post (current)
- Going White Saint (current)
- World Tainted Green (current)