Have other ideas of how to bring your neighbors together? Tell us about it!
#urbanism #climate #greenways
- California Institute of Integral StudiesCultural Anthropology, 1993 - 1996
- University of the PacificMusic Therapy, 1981 - 1984
- San Francisco State UniversityIntegrative Marketing, 2007 - 2008
- Upaya Zen Center and InstituteBuddhist Chaplaincy Program, 2010 - 2012
- Cultural Anthropologist
- Buddhist Chaplain
- Change agent
My purpose on the planet:
To open hearts and minds through my writing and presence.
How that manifests these days:
I created The Liberated Life Project to offer tools for personal and collective liberation. The LLP supports people to live lives full of awareness, creativity, connection, and joy.
Through my business, Five Directions, I help progressive nonprofit organizations to build more engaged communities.
I contribute to the conversation about socially engaged Buddhism on my blog, The Jizo Chronicles.
- Five Directions ConsultingQualitative Research, Anthropologist, Writer, Editor, 2008 - presentIncludes my blog, The Liberated Life Project
- Upaya Zen CenterChaplaincy Program Director, 2008 - 2013
- UCSF Dept of Medical AnthropologyResearch Associate, 1999 - 2002
- Center for Contemplative Mind in SocietyResearch Director, 2002 - 2004
- Parallax PressEditor, 1996 - 1999
- Buddhist Peace FellowshipExecutive Director, 2004 - 2008
CLICK HERE to support Celebrating a Life of Creativity and Healing
Fund to Support Katya/Kathy Lesher's Work | Crowdfunding is a democratic way to support the fundraising needs of your community. Make a cont
Why Google Protesters Were Right To Disrupt Wisdom 2.0
They say you can t be neutral on a moving train. So can you be mindful on a Google bus? Confrontation This weekend, as three Google presente
Capitalist Dharma and the Social Ecology of Buddhist Sanghas
As my own sangha is going through some restructuring around finances, and considering a move to a new location (which will involve more deci
Dangerous Harvests: A Short Note to Any White American Buddhists, Yoga P...
I wrote these points as a response to comments I received on an old post on American Buddhism and race. In light of the Trayvon Martin case,
Help Nathan Be a Change Maker in the Twin Cities -- Indiegogo
Support me financially as I make a difference through grassroots leadership and service in multiple local communities.
To get something you may have to give up something else
you have to give up something in order to have something else.
Toward Collective Liberation: Building Successful Social Movements
It wasn't until recently I realized that I had somehow lost a bunch of digital files off my computer. It was mainly photos and newspaper art
Fighting for Same-Sex Marriage, Divorcing State-Sanctioned Marriage
While we await the results of the US Supreme Court's consideration of "same-sex marriage," I find myself wondering why, in order for a marri