I personally take the train for my work commute, but that's only because I live close enough to a train station. As soon as you need to take a bus the whole thing falls apart (in my experience).
Same reason they're ditching the viaducts, same reason they're cranking the parking tax. Also the reason why developers are told to only accommodate 60% of the suites with a parking space in new towers (which you'll pay a fortune for anyway), but double the bicycle parking availability.
I'm not against their policies, I just think it could be implemented better - we'll eventually all switch to car sharing/autonomous car services anyway, but they seem to cosy up to the corporates at this time and screw everyone else. Evo, Car2Go, ZipCar etc - they're not exactly affordable compared to actual car ownership. They might be comparable, but certainly not cheaper.
Why don't they implement their own car2go equivalent - subsidised via the billions they want to spend on skytrain out to UBC and deploy a fleet across the entire GVRD. If you could 'park-n-ride' anywhere as a matter of convenience, who the hell would bother owning a vehicle (aside from special use occasions when you might take a road-trip, or rent a truck for hauling furniture etc).
We need better solutions, smarter ideas - not reruns of the same crap that doesn't work.
Hell, if they just implemented fast, express bus services, north/south and east/west with limited detours, the city would move faster. From MEC on the North Shore back to my house took me 90mins. It's goddamn 30 minutes without traffic, 45 with moderate and an hour with a grind. To hell with that.. That's why I have my own transport!
What the fuck is wrong with you?
Rihanna wants her fans to put down Pokémon GO during her concerts and watch her perform. This is, of course, a completely reasonable request, which sadly shouldn't have to be made.
For those who have never heard of the game... lucky you! All you need to know is that it is an Augmented Reality game from former Google division come independent game development company Niantic, based on a Japanese franchise of characters, which apparently causes people to lose their minds!
It may well be more addictive than crack, if these and similar headlines are to be believed.
- I'm opinionated, controversial, and at times a bit of a prick. If you decide to 'follow' me you acknowledge my right to be all of the above and more.
- If you can contribute to the discussion, please by all means do so. That's why I make most of my posts public, but please don't be a moron (No, this doesn't mean you have to agree with me or my POV). I have little tolerance for morons and WILL insult you.
- Yes, I think Steve Jobs is a douche and Apple is evil. Get over it!
- If you decide to talk out off your ass, expect an insult.
- My ideas, opinions, and posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of my employers, friends, and/or family.
- No, I don't plan to grow up any time soon.
- For those who haven't known me long enough, before you claim fandroid, realize that I despised many things Apple before there was a thing called Android.
- Simon Fraser University
Join Amplify - a people-powered social media megaphone - Leadnow
Join the Amplify Network – a people-powered megaphone The federal election will be called in just a few months and the Conservative party ha
Muzei Live Wallpaper – Android-Apps auf Google Play
Muzei is a live wallpaper that gently refreshes your home screen each day with famous works of art. It also recedes into the background, blu
DashClock Widget – Aplicaţii Android pe Google Play
Attention: on Android 4.4 devices, please check "Enable widgets" in security settings and follow the instructions below.DashClock is a repla
Code Monkey Supreme | Developer by day, Code Monkey by night
Code Monkey Supreme. My name is Mahram and I'm an Android Software Developer based in Vancouver, British Columbia. Software development isn'