48 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 27 previous comments
- Simply said, instagram did me a favor by motivating me to look for alternatives. Happily enough i found a way more powerful sharing alternative named eyeem. And i used instagram solely as a way to share to multiple social media platforms at once. This can be done with eyeem even better and with more formatting possibilities so to me it is bye bye instagram. But not due to their bad communication.Dec 19, 2012
- Whats the saying - "dont trust anyone over 40"? It needs to be "dont trust anyone under 30"Dec 19, 2012
- from TOS "you agree that a business or other entity may pay us to display your username, likeness, photos (along with any associated metadata), and/or actions you take, in connection with paid or sponsored content or promotions, without any compensation to you."
Can't wait to see MG as a spokesman for "The New Face of Man to Man Love" - http://i.imgur.com/4orIk.jpg
image was taken from MG's instagram feed.Dec 19, 2012
- This is exactly because of this kind of bullshit that I read less and less about tech blogs...
Fortunately we still have some columnists and "traditional" journalists who take the time to think and analyze the facts instead of jumping into the page views race.Dec 19, 2012
- MG, perhaps you'd want to get the opinion of lawyers other than Nilay, as many of us have a different take. My own is that TOS (which I draft) are consumer contracts, and thus meant to be read and understood by humans, not lawyers. Nilay's review of the terms in view of the Copyright Act is irrelevant, as the end user should not be expected to refer to the Act to understand what's being presented to them. The terms should be clear and stand on their own. Instead, the provisions in question were drafted such that humans couldn't readily grasp Instagram's intent, however benign. That is Instagram's failure, and they've admitted as much. So while it's fair to argue that Instagram never actually intended to do the things that got people fired up, it's not fair to say that the terms made their intent explicitly clear.Dec 19, 2012
- If Instagram had said to me "$100 a year and you'll never see an advertisement and we'll never do anything with your photos other than display them where you explicitly ask us to" I'd have paid without even thinking about it.
But Instagram didn't say that to me, so now I don't trust it, which means I'm an ex-accountholder.Dec 29, 2012