perhaps the bigger news today...
32 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 19 previous comments
- Well, I doubt Google is just going to settle (when they own Motorola Mobility). I think that's in court now, that will be the final word I imagine. Not sure the contract details, but if Google wins, I doubt HTC and Samsung will keep sending checks Microsofts way.Sep 28, 2011
- Finally a good news for iOS today !Sep 28, 2011
- I very much hope you're right...
This whole things is an obvious patent abuse to me...Sep 28, 2011
- Will Amazon get sued over the Fire?Sep 28, 2011
- You call extortion genius. Wow. BTW who knows if M$ is getting 0.1 cent per unit. Its just FUD.Sep 28, 2011
- IMHO, there's a real irony in all of this. With all of this patent fighting over native mobile platforms, Microsoft and Apple may just make the only viable, free mobile device something like WebOS or Chrome OS. Then again, they could go crazy and try to assert patents against Web technologies if they sense they are losing.
Lost in all this is how any of this benefits customers. Really, now everyone has to pay $15 more for Samsung phones to pay Microsoft, who did nothing to produce them.Sep 28, 2011