IS DULLER THAN A WITLING'S JEST.
LOVE WAKES MEN, ONCE A LIFETIME EACH;
THEY LIFT THEIR HEAVY LIDS, AND LOOK;
AND, Lo, WHAT ONE SWEET PAGE CAN TEACH,
THEY READ WITH JOY, THEN SHUT THE BOOK."
– Coventry Kersey Dighton Patmore (1823–1896), British poet.
The Angel in the House (l. 3-8). ‡
coventry kersey dighton patmore
English poet and essayist whose best poetry is in The Unknown Eros and Other Odes, containing mystical odes of divine love and of married love, which he saw as a reflection of Christ's love for the soul.
Learn more about Patmore, Coventry Kersey Dighton with a free trial on Britannica.com.
(World English Dictionary)
Coventry ( Kersey Dighton ). 1823–96, English poet. His works, celebrating both conjugal and divine love, include The Angel in the House (1854–62) and The Unknown Eros (1877).
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 10th Edition
2009 © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins
Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009
Cite source: "Patmore." Dictionary.com. Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 10th Edition. HarperCollins Publishers, 2009. _http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/coventry+kersey+dighton+patmore_ (accessed: 05 December 2013).
‡ Screenshot of QUOTE at _*Dictionary.com: https://db.tt/hH7VDdFN*_
Nearpod: "Best Collaboration Solution - EdTech Digest Awards 2012," "Audience Favorite - LAUNCH Edu & Kids 2012." Now available for Android!
Nearpod is a must have application for teachers and schools that have access to a set of mobile devices for their classes.
The Nearpod platform enables teachers to use their Tablet to manage content on students' mobile devices. It combines presentation, collaboration, and real-time assessment tools into one integrated solution.
My serendipitously well-timed Saturn Return at TRI-Life Try!UMPH!? might very well have marred & mangled, scratched, scuffed & scarred sanguine scarlet rosy red my reshaped & reconstructed cheeks, chin & smile for a while, since my Quarter-Life CRISIS came crashing to a cataclysmic end...
Yet, now today, ne'er more may I say I choose to languish & lament over "my last-ditch, last-chance life..."
As QHereKidSF at TRI-Life, I Try – "UMPH!?" – to triumph; even, if success means switch-hitting and missing a swing... Even, if victory means voicing my voracious fear of forever falling a few flimsy feet forward onto a sky-high shaky string, as nothing quite so ne'er-do-well as one "Fagged-Out Funambule Fog City Freak Show" – vanquished in damned near doomsday downfall by disease & disfigurement...
Rather, I'd like to step sure-footed onto a straight as steel, wrought-iron rope to prance and dance in delighted acrobatics. There! Many miles high above the sky – Where my mind-flux, my mayhem, and my moribund monstrosity matter no more...
There! Where I am able to impart my many myriad life lessons learnt onto those often ill-begotten & forgotten fag-friendly few, who too are left to lead ill-fated, infandous & unjust lives of illness, injury, disease, and – damned, if it be so!! – disfigurement; likewise, then akin to me: +MATTHEWBLANCHARD (@QHereKidSF)!!
OH! To the brave, emboldened high-wire hopefuls, who dare a single step onto my sky-high shaky string – Strength in Numbers!! Hold the net for he who fumbles... YET! Fear not thus for this "Fagged-Out Funambule Fog City Freak Show," as he falls a few steps forward...
In faith of friendship, past, present & surely set to come...
A PERVASIVE PANDEMIC : A.I.D.S. BLEEDS THRU THE LINES
OF COLOR, CREED AND CAPITULATES TO NO ONE, SAVE ITS
POSITIVELY AWARE AND PREVENTION-MINDED SURVIVORS.
– Matthew B. |@QHereKidSF(b.1979)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Since waking from death and after staring straight in the face of his own ubiquitously brutish and unbecoming ugliness, MATTHEW D. BLANCHARD has endeavored to reclaim, through external manifestations of creative self-expression, the full-measured immensity of his own innately internal, yet outwardly actualized 'beauty beguiled, BeGODS!'
Consequently, his recent corpus of creative works in self-expression and portraiture -- be they on stage, on screen; or likewise, in print!? -- is meant to further foment our shared recognition and rejoicing in the serendipitous resplendence of his 'beyond-all-odds' auspicious survival.
Through brazenly unafraid struggles together, let us pray we find solace in the peaceful reflections staring back at us from there, where the ferocious face of trepidation, contempt, and self-loathing very well once could have, should have been!
"…Faced with the idea of suicide, the logical out for those for whom 'it' has not gotten better, Blanchard writes:
'Perhaps, in full appreciation of remaining alive despite disease and disfigurement after so many near-miss forays toward death, I am convinced of my extraordinary good fortune and blessings. Or, maybe, all that’s keeping me alive today is gut-wrenching gay boy guilt.'
The various essays of this book—many of which attain the level of theatrical monologue, if not arias—reveal the full range of emotional colors of the rainbow flag, guilt, sorrow, and a sense of abandonment chief among them.
And yet as noted by Blanchard, there is a sense of good fortune always, of blessings abounding."
– Vinton Rafe McCabe, literary critic-at-large (New York Journal of Books, 31 Jan 2013 ; cf. http://bit.ly/SoAfraidNYJB ; etc.).
Knowing Daniel Cardone well and having had the distinct honor and privilege of working with him in close collaboration on the production of our short film: "CONSTRUCT," I can attest with great confidence that "DESERT MIGRATION" should promise to be as provocatively riveting a spectacle of film, as it should be just as likely a contemplative and challenge work of cultural criticism and examination, chocked full of numerous gems of masterful cinematic techniques and stylings.
Daniel CARDONE is a masterful filmic craftsman. I highly recommend that each of my fans/followers and friends alike take the effort to view the trailer linked below, and as well to follow the film towards it coming premiere; a launch, which should be met with great laudatory aplomb and effusive praise for the filmmakers and the production company, both.
Congratulations, Dan & Marc! ROCK ON @HIVStoryProject!! Cheers. Ciao & Namasté: I bow to gods within you...
San Francisco, CA 94109
A PERVASIVE PANDEMIC: A.I.D.S. BLEEDS THRU THE LINES
OF COLOR, CREED AND CAPITULATES TO NO ONE, SAVE ITS
POSITIVELY AWARE & PREVENTION-MINDED SURVIVORS.
– Matthew B. |@QHereKidSF (b.1979)
@QHereKidSF via Google Plus for Windows 8.1
- ChimericARTS.orgPrincipal/Creative Lead, 2012 - present
- BGIFTEDFoundation.org | @bgiftedFdnIntl. NPO Communications & Development Consultant, 2012
- WHY ARE FAGGOTS SO AFRAID OF FAGGOTS? (AK Press: USA 2012)"IT GETS BETTER?" (Sycamore 115-122, 207), feat. Author/Essayist, 2010 - 2012
- The HIV Story Project's STILL AROUND (Outcast Films: USA 2011, 82 mins.)"CONSTRUCT" (dir. D. Cardone), feat. Writer/Narrator & Protagonist, 2009 - 2013
- IPPSL | Intl. Professional Partnerships for Sierra Leone, Inc. : ippsl.orgBoard Assoc. of Communications (sup. P. Maybarduk, JD), 2008 - 2012
- subgeeks, LLC | "socially responsible computing"Social Media Marketing Coordinator (sup. C. Nagle), 2011 - 2012
- Bay Area Young Positives, Inc. : baypositives.orgBoard of Directors | Fundraising Co-Chair (sup. J. Jones, MA), 2010 - 2011
- SINS INVALID | 2010/2011 Artists In Residence Program"RESIDENT ALIEN" (dir. N. Lamm), feat. Solo/Ensemble Performer, 2010 - 2011
- FOLSOM STREET EVENTS® : folsomstreetfair.comAdministrative Coordinator (sup. D. Moshoyannis), 2006 - 2007
- LSYS Institute for "HIRE-Learning" | @SFMagnetHIV/AIDS Prevention INTERN (sup. K. Rose, MPH), 2004 - 2005
- Bay Area Young Positives, Inc. : baypositives.orgExecutive Assistant (sup. C. Moore, MPH), 2004 - 2005
- College of William & Mary (Office of Residence Life) : wm.eduResident Assistant | Maison Française (sup. T. Whitehurst), 2001 - 2002
- William & Mary Theatre (ΦΒΚ Memorial Hall) : wm.edu/as/tsd/Student Actor/Director & Designer (dir. R. Palmer, PhD), 1997 - 2002
- W&M | wm.eduFrench / Theater Arts, 1997 - 2002
- Scuola Lorenzo de'Medici / Fairfield Univ.Graphic Design / Theater & Cinema Studies, 2002 - 2003
- L'Université de Paris Ouest | Nanterre La DéfenseDiplôme d'Université EFC (Arts de Spectacle), 1999 - 2001
- Wells College: Program for the Arts in ParisFrench Language & Culture / Performance Studies, 1999 - 2001
- École du Mime Corporel Dramatique de ParisMime d'Étienne Decroux, dir. Ivan BACCIOCCHI, 1999 - 2000
- A.R.T.A. Cartoucherie (Paris, France)Chinese Opera & Shakespeare, dir. WU Hsing-Guo, 2000 - 2000
- LSYS | Institute for "HIRE-Learning"HIV/AIDS Prevention & Advocacy (dir. J. NOONAN), 2003 - 2003
- Ocean Lakes High SchoolHonors/Advanced Placement Program, 1994 - 1997
- Virginia Beach Middle SchoolHonors/Gifted & Talented Program, 1991 - 1994
- Ocean Lakes Elementary SchoolHonors/Gifted & Talented Program, 1987 - 1991
- Birdneck Elementary SchoolHonors/Gifted & Talented Program, 1985 - 1987
- I.A.U. Centre d'AvignonFrench-Immersion Performance Arts Program, 2000 - 2000
- Governor's French Academy of VirginiaFrench-Immersion Summer Magnet Program, 1995 - 1995
Icon - Fast, Powerful, Free Way to Crowdsource Insight | Spigit
By Hutch Carpenter | May 1, 2012. Today marks the official launch of Icon by Spigit. What is Icon? The platform for fast, easy and powerful
MBA in Design Strategy at California College of the Arts
The groundbreaking MBA in Design Strategy at California College of the Arts prepares the next generation of innovation leaders for a world t
Suppositori Spelling performing "Talk to Me" by Peaches
Cocktailgate celebrates PRIDE month with Bottom Pride. Suppositori performing "Talk to Me" for the Guerrilla Drag Portion of Cocktailgate, S
New Queer on the Block Vol One, Issue One, Jan 2014
Interview with David Drake, Travis Matthews, Stephen Mills and Jaxen Brown. Danielle Campoamor writes about the "Differences in Dating Betwe