- Lynn Smythe CreationsFreelance writer, presentI am the founder and editor of the Bike Diva, Run Diva, Craft Diva, Cuisine Diva and Backyard Diva blogs. I promote the blog articles to various social media sites including Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and Pinterest. I also wrote Search Engine Optimized (SEO) articles for a variety of online content management systems including Suite101.com, Examiner.com, Associated Content (now Yahoo Contributor Network) and Hub Pages. I also had a one-month contract position as the Marketing Director for the Hero Charity Bike Ride, which helped raise funds for the Wounded Warrior Project. I wrote many informational, how-to and recipe articles for a variety of print magazines and yearly anthologies. Publications and clients included Llewellyn Worldwide, Farmer’s Almanac, BackHome, Veggie Life, The Herb Quarterly, The Essential Herbal, Altered Arts, Lapidary Journal, Beadwork and Jewelry Crafts.
- Stanton OpticalSEO Copywriter, 2013 - 2013SEO Copywriter for Stanton Optical working at the company's corporate headquarters. Write search engine optimized copy including web pages, patient education articles, press releases, blog posts, infographics and email newsletters for all three brands; Stanton Optical, My Eye Lab and Frame Genie. Social media marketing using Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Storify, Instagram and Tumblr. Programs used: PR Newswire, PR Web, Mail Chimp, HootSuite, Google Drive, Google Group Camp, Wordpress, Xanga, Blogspot, Mircosoft Word, Microsoft Excel.
- New Epic MediaDirector Content Management, 2012 - 2012SEO copywriting for client website landing pages, Wordpress blog articles, Mail Chimp email blasts, PR Web press releases. Also, social media posts using Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest and YouTube. Creation of monthly editorial calendars using Excel, project management using Asana, online file sharing using Drop Box, monthly report generation using Raven Tools to pull together individual client’s Google Analytics, Twitter and Facebook data. New Epic Media is a full service media agency. Clients included MacGregor Yachts, Veritas of West Palm Beach, Ken Paves SelfHelp Hair Care, James Family Dentistry, Leila Restaurant, Prosperity Partners, Preferred Lifestyle Services, Palm Beach Designer Fabrics, API Draper, VegaLab, Lookout Deals, Little Soft Shop, Bargain Software Shop, Florida Industrial Super Cleaners, Charlie Pierce and Countess 100.
- United States Media TVSEO Copywriter, 2012 - 2012SEO copywriting for web pages, blog articles and press releases. Social media marketing on Facebook Twitter, Google+, YouTube and Pinterest. Contributed to marketing and online reputation management for educational cable TV programs utilizing Wordpress and 3rd party sites including Xanga, Prosterous, Tumblr, HubPages and Squidoo. United States Media TV is an in-house ad agency for cable television programs narrated by Terry Bradshaw including Editions with Terry Bradshaw and Today in America with Terry Bradshaw.
- Stanton OpticalContent Manager, 2013 - 2013Promoted from SEO Copywriter to Content Manager at Stanton Optical's corporate headquarters in Palm Springs, Florida. Head of online content creation for 30+ Stanton Optical stores, 9+ MyEyeLab stores and the Frame Genie eCommerce site. Creation of daily, weekly, monthly, yearly editorial calendars for all 3 brands. Write search engine optimized copy including web pages, patient education articles, press releases, blog posts, infographics and email newsletters Proofread and edit articles provided by freelance writers contracted through Blog Dash, CopyPress and Web Content Brokers on a weekly basis based on my article titles and keyword research. Cultivate brand ambassadors, key influencers and guest posting opportunities through HARO, My Blog Guest, Yahoo Contributor Network and online contests and promotions. Social media marketing using Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Storify, Instagram and Tumblr. Programs used: PR Newswire, PR Web, Mail Chimp, HootSuite, Google Drive, Google Group Camp, Wordpress, Xanga, Blogspot, Mircosoft Word, Microsoft Excel.
- University of Rochester1985
Director Content Management Looking for New Opportunity | LinkedIn
Hey there! My name is Lynn Smythe and I'm looking for a new career opportunity. Although I enjoy freelance writing, I've only been able to f
Nutritional Products International - Sales, Marketing & Distribution
Nutritional Products International offers proven sales and marketing solutions for consumer packaged goods companies worldwide
Advice to a New Writer: Freelance VS SEO Copywriter
I was recently contacted by a former supervisor who now runs his own consulting firm. He sent me the following email regarding freelance wri