I was sick last night and missed the live airing of #GreaseLive but I'm watching it today eating lunch at my work desk!!
1) generally has the worst and most outdated websites
2) generally has the best and most beneficial websites
In our country, 1 in 5, that's 16 million, kids face food insecurity every day. The good news is there is a solution and that's why I am proud to be working to make No Kid Hungry a reality.
This #GivingTuesday, your donation can play a huge part in making No Kid Hungry a reality. Hickory Farms and Kettle Brand are matching all donations up to $100,000, so every $1 you donate to No Kid Hungry can help connect a hungry kid with up to 20 meals.
I am asking for your help to reach my personal goal of $500, which thanks to our generous matching partners, would connect a child with 10,000 meals. Can I count on you to help our children with a $25 donation? That's 500 meals for a hungry child. Make you donation here...
LET’S ALL GO TO THE GYM RIGHT NOW GET IN THE CAR IT’S ONLY 6AM MUCH WOW!!
But the lesson here is a good one: there is a difference between a follower who pays little to no attention and one who you have an active, deep, meaningful relationship with.
- ClaimWizardMistress of Marketing, 2012 - presentLynette is a marketing technology strategist and published author with focus on digital marketing and implementation services. She has been a highly sought after expert in social media marketing technology since 2006. With over 1.5 million Google+ followers, over 14,000 Twitter followers, triple-digit growth in clients lead generation, and keynoting at some of the largest events in her industry, Lynette has the “street cred” to prove her expertise in her field. She is also Hubspot Inbound Certified. Over her professional career, Lynette has worked with clients of all sizes ranging from Google (yes really), Twitter (yes really), Harlequin Publishing, and American Airlines to HVAC installers, an email marketing service provider, local appliance retailers, other agencies, corporate franchises, and public adjusting firms. She is an inaugural member of the Academy of Podcasters, an advisor at iBlog Magazine, and a founding member of the New Media Professional Association. Lynette heads up the ClaimWizard digital marketing products and team.
Digital Media & Marketing • Published Author • Professional Keynote Speaker • Geek • Doctor Who Fan
Lynette Young has been helping professionals and companies thrive on social media platforms and digital publishing since 2006 when she founded her company Purple Stripe Productions. Her goal is to make the technology invisible to both her clients and their customers, instead focusing on an immersive brand and storytelling experience that moves the needle forward.
With a expert-level understanding of the popular networks such as Facebook, Google+, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube, Lynette makes a point to keep her clients from becoming stale and out of date by constantly creating and curating content on fringe and niche networks. Platforms such as Pinterest, Reddit, Tumblr, iTunes Podcasts, Kickstarter, Vemio, Instagram, and SlideShare help her clients reach where others don’t. Multimedia content is of top importance and Lynette is highly proficient with all aspects of social media technology and rich online media such as podcasts, streaming video, and blogging, multi-screen content (mobile, desktop, tablet) as well as cross channel marketing and publishing.
She is comfortable heading up an in-house team or working with agency and client staff to build the best possible solution for her clients to meet goals. Equally effective with both executives and developers, Lynette builds connections and breaks down walls between staff, departments, clients, and vendors. She enhances and augments the participation and involvement of executive, public relations, marketing, advertising, legal, human resources, product development, customer service, and executive in all social media endeavors she champions. She has worked with clients ranging from family owned local retail businesses to Fortune 500 firms directly.
Lynette’s expertise gives her a distinct advantage as an engaging and informative speaker and corporate trainer. Her specialties include social media, online community engagement, and digital communication trends.
- Google+ for Small Business (author)
- Seth Godin's SxSW Pokes (contributor)
- Guy Kawasaki's What the Plus! (contributor)
Key Articles / Videos:
- The Myth of the "Overnight Success": How to Build an Iceberg in 25 Years or Less : There is a myth in the online space about lucky people that become an “overnight success” out of nowhere. It’s bunk. Or more specifically, an iceberg. However you look at it, it takes a lot more than showing up to the party to achieve success.
- How To Kickstart Social With Google+ : This webinar-style Hangout on Air was hosted by Google+ Your Business and hosts a great conversation on how your business can kick start its presence on Google+.
- It's time to evolve. Again. Be different. Be extraordinary. - Why businesses need to be working with me.
- One Million Faces - post about hitting 1M followers.
- What Google is Missing & Where I See Their Future Should Be Going - My thoughts on where the next stage of data on the Internet should be heading.
- The WHY of Google+ - The 'how' will never matter without the motivation of the 'why'...
- Hangout & Hangout on Air Tipsheet - I wrote this document to help others understand the Hangout process and give some insider tips!
- Interview on School for Startups Radio with Jim Beach
Most of the content I publish on Google+ is related to my business and work I do with professionals, brands and companies to help them bridge digital communications & business bottom-line results.
Lynette's book Google+ for Small Business (Que Press) is available for now.