- Mingl MarketingDirector of Marketing Technologies, 2015 - presentLynette is acting as the Director of Marketing Technologies at Mingl Marketing Group. Mingl is a Philadelphia PA area marketing consultancy focused on integrating inbound marketing, social media and email campaigns into traditional marketing strategies across a broad range of B2C and B2B industries. Our signature client offering is a Marketing as a Service (MaaS) product and combines marketing automation software with content creation and campaign management into an integrated lead generation program.
- AWeber CommunicationsContent Marketing Manager, 2014 - 2015My passion is working to help business owners learn about and use AWeber’s email marketing solution in a productive and profitable way to grow their own business. I strive to develop quality content with the goal of helping business owners become better email marketers themselves. http://lynetteyoung.com/2014/lynette-young-content-marketing-manager
- Purple Stripe ProductionsOwner, 2006 - 2014Social Technology Strategist & Women SMB Entrepreneur : http://www.purplestripe.com
Digital Media & Marketing • Published Author • Professional Keynote Speaker • Google+ Trainer • Geek • Doctor Who Fan
Lynette Young has been helping professionals and companies thrive on social media platforms and digital publishing since 2006 when she founded her company Purple Stripe Productions. Her goal is to make the technology invisible to both her clients and their customers, instead focusing on an immersive brand and storytelling experience that moves the needle forward.
With a expert-level understanding of the popular networks such as Facebook, Google+, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube, Lynette makes a point to keep her clients from becoming stale and out of date by constantly creating and curating content on fringe and niche networks. Platforms such as Pinterest, Reddit, Tumblr, iTunes Podcasts, Kickstarter, Vemio, Instagram, and SlideShare help her clients reach where others don’t. Multimedia content is of top importance and Lynette is highly proficient with all aspects of social media technology and rich online media such as podcasts, streaming video, and blogging, multi-screen content (mobile, desktop, tablet) as well as cross channel marketing and publishing.
She is comfortable heading up an in-house team or working with agency and client staff to build the best possible solution for her clients to meet goals. Equally effective with both executives and developers, Lynette builds connections and breaks down walls between staff, departments, clients, and vendors. She enhances and augments the participation and involvement of executive, public relations, marketing, advertising, legal, human resources, product development, customer service, and executive in all social media endeavors she champions. She has worked with clients ranging from family owned local retail businesses to Fortune 500 firms directly.
Lynette’s expertise gives her a distinct advantage as an engaging and informative speaker and corporate trainer. Her specialties include social media, online community engagement, and digital communication trends.
Lynette is one of the most followed women in the world on Google+ with over 1.5 million followers. She strives to illustrate the unique and powerful voice women have online and work with companies that want to reach them.
- Google+ for Small Business (author)
- Seth Godin's SxSW Pokes (contributor)
- Guy Kawasaki's What the Plus! (contributor)
Key Articles / Videos:
- The Myth of the "Overnight Success": How to Build an Iceberg in 25 Years or Less : There is a myth in the online space about lucky people that become an “overnight success” out of nowhere. It’s bunk. Or more specifically, an iceberg. However you look at it, it takes a lot more than showing up to the party to achieve success.
- How To Kickstart Social With Google+ : This webinar-style Hangout on Air was hosted by Google+ Your Business and hosts a great conversation on how your business can kick start its presence on Google+.
- It's time to evolve. Again. Be different. Be extraordinary. - Why businesses need to be working with me.
- One Million Faces - post about hitting 1M followers.
- What Google is Missing & Where I See Their Future Should Be Going - My thoughts on where the next stage of data on the Internet should be heading.
- The WHY of Google+ - The 'how' will never matter without the motivation of the 'why'...
- Hangout & Hangout on Air Tipsheet - I wrote this document to help others understand the Hangout process and give some insider tips!
- Interview on School for Startups Radio with Jim Beach
Most of the content I publish on Google+ is related to my business and work I do with professionals, brands and companies to help them bridge digital communications & business bottom-line results.
Lynette's new book Google+ for Small Business (Que Press) is available for now.
I'm totally head-down for the next two weeks as I / we relaunch my agency & showcase some amazing client work. Office is (fingers crossed) getting renovated and expanded this fall. Staff is expanding rapidly (just brought on a national sales manager!!)
If there is anything I've learned in recent years it is that working for someone else always has undesirable baggage. The inability to be paid what your experience is worth is soul-crushing. It is difficult working on other people's agendas that are nearly never for the good of the staff or clients.
It's on like Donkey Kong suckas.
"If we want the next generation of women to be strong, assertive, and demanding in this environment, we have to give them models that show them how."
-- Women over 40 are dramatically underrepresented in the top tiers of organizations
-- Venture-based start-ups with five or more women onboard are significantly more successful than those without
-- Women who have achieved some level of success by middle age probably already have more experience with what has come to be called the “gig” economy than mid-career men who've been slogging it out in the same company for a decade or more
-- [Women] are also far likelier than their male peers to say they are “underemployed” — stuck in jobs where their abilities aren't recognized, where they aren't getting promoted, where they aren’t working up to their highest level
I can help.
Announcing the Podcasting Mastermind full day classes.
Over the past 10 years I’ve worked with over 30 corporate podcasting clients and taught them all my tips, tricks and secrets that get real results. I’ve even used these methods myself to land one of my first podcasts (way back in 2005) a SIX FIGURE sponsorship and distribution deal and am currently the founder of a podcasting NETWORK that is quickly on track for the same.
This Podcasting Mastermind is for people with existing audio or video podcasts that are looking to grow beyond hobby status and produce real results – and money – from their show.
If you are just starting out your podcast and struggling with editing your audio or uploading your artwork – you may not be ready for the Podcasting Mastermind. But, if you are looking to fast track your podcast into a professional-level enterprise then don’t let me hold you back!
Between , our local Y pool and a lot of hiking trails (http://www.state.nj.us/dep/parksandforests/) and later this summer - CAMP! - there should be enough for my kids and I to keep busy.