Welcome to another +Mamavation
show! This week's topic is about How to Minimize Your Child's Exposure to Toxins
. Our guests this week are sharing their knowledge about children's health in order to help you create strategies to minimize their exposure to toxins that are detrimental to their health, brain development, hormonal development, and learning ability.Giveaways
: This week we are giving away two copies of Dr. Gluckman's book, Parents Take Charge
. In this book she guides the reader through her 3-Step Parents, Take Charge program. The reader will learn exactly how to find and treat the stress and the underlying physiological causes of the child’s symptoms. Her NeuroParenting toolbox gives the reader parenting skills to balance the child’s chemistry, as part of their daily routine. The book is written in an easy-to-read, engaging way, complete with illustrations that explain the content. It is filled with research, information, stories and case studies that bring to life the benefits of this drug-free treatment program. The content is based on a synthesis of the newest research and insights drawn from functional medicine, interpersonal neurobiology, psychology and neuroscience as well as Dr. Gluckman’s own clinical experience.For every comment on the event page here, you are entered to win!
For more ways to win visit the post here, http://www.mamavation.com/2014/02/healthy-children-how-to-minimize-your-childrens-exposure-to-toxins.htmlThis week's guests
:+Dr. Sandy Gluckman
- Dr. Sandy Gluckman, is a Behavior and Health Coach for parents who have children that are struggling with learning, mood and behavior challenges. She is revolutionizing the care of children by offering a medication-free approach to the treatment and prevention of learning, behavior and mood disorders that is grounded in the most up-to-date, scientifically-proven information. She is the creator of the internationally acclaimed programs, Parents, Take Charge! and Teachers Take Charge! The purpose of these programs is to introduce parents and educators to the drug-free approach to treating learning, behavior and mood challenges. Sandy has trained thousands of parents, teachers and healthcare professionals how to heal children with these symptoms without the use of prescribed medication. Dr. Gluckman holds a degree in Clinical Psychology. Her PhD is based on the ‘Whole Brain Approach to Education’ which involves using both sides of the brain to teach, learn and communicate. For more in-depth bio see www.parentstakecharge.com
and www.teacherstakecharge.com+Jasmine Jafferali
- Jasmine’s passion for health and well-being stems from her own childhood. While her love of cooking and baking from scratch came from her own mom’s kitchen, Jasmine grew up drinking pop (soda, Cola, Coke, whatever) and hating her veggies. In 2006, Jasmine was diagnosed with a gluten, soy, and dairy sensitivity that explained a number of symptoms: weekly migraines, digestive problems, acid-reflux and fatigue. Freeing herself of medication and living healthy, she now makes it her mission to help others heal themselves through diet and lifestyle changes.+Jean Layton
-- Dr. Jean Layton is a Naturopathic Physician who has been focused on finding a better way to heal after losing her first husband to cancer. She is married to Ed, a Licensed Acupuncturist with a Masters of Oriental Medicine, and has twin daughters who are now 15 years old. 7 years ago, the family discovered issues with gluten intolerance and have been living gluten-free every since, including her twin daughters. In her private practice, she specializes in Celiac disease and gluten intolerance.
Mamavation Moms:+Dee Copeland +Elizabeth Bruno +Toni Carrigan
Come hang out with us and win some prizes just for engaging with each other during the event.How & where to watch
- Google Events: Watch, comment & ask questions right here
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/bookieboo78
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Mamavation
- Like to Tweet? Follow @bookieboo and use the #mamavation
Subscribe to the Mamavation Facebook community for more fun, http://www.facebook.com/groups/mamavationCan't make the show?
Not to worry - you can catch the Youtube replay right here on the event. Later in the week you can find an update on +Mamavation