Senior Developer, 2006 - 2013
During my recent time with Nexus451 I was responsible for the development of s/w solutions to problems encountered by Nexus451 customers and clients. These customers were large National and International organisations, medium sized and some small businesses.
Working both within a small team-framework and also, for some projects, as a solo developer. I was primarily charged with analyzing the customer’s requirements - designing solutions to these needs - coding, debugging the applications, and delivering the results to the customer. I also provided training in the use of the solutions to the appropriate staff of each customer.
I have experience working with PHP on large and small web systems, architectural design and development, projects including:
- Interacting with third party web services
- Development of web services
- Development of middleware integration between systems
- Strong focus on object oriented principles and design patterns in PHP
- Experience working with Drupal 6 & 7 and extending functionality
- Experience working with Wordpress
- Working with CodeIgniter MVC framework
Work with Salesforce.com CRM and Force.com platform. Many of our clients are Salesforce users,I have worked on a large number of customisations and development projects in this area including:
- Visualforce & Apex development
- Email Services
Just over 3 years experience working with VB.Net on a large intranet project to replace a claims adjustment system, integrating and expanding on the original database.
Over the last year I have been working on a PhoneGap App. This was to be built and published for both Android and iOS. For this I utilized the following technologies:
- Android SDK
- PhoneGap / Cordova
- PHP RESTful Service using JSON
Tools used include Subversion, git, Netbeans, Eclipse, Google Chrome Developer Tools, Firebug, some small experience with Jenkins and Bugzilla.