First install the dnsmasq package. Then go to the network manager connection properties, in the ethernet connection, on the IP4 settings, set the method to 'Shared with other computers'.
The other computer just needs to be configured to DHCP and everything will work as expected.
It was the missing dnsmasq package which was preventing the thing from working!
Together with 1.5GB for Eclipse, plus 1.7GB for the application server of the webapp I'm developing, my 8GB memory seems short for all the other things....
However now the shutdown dialog has only a cancel action.
The suspend, reset and shut down actions are gone.
Any idea on how to get them back?
Also, I moved from Kubuntu ( #KDE ) to Linux Mint ( #Cinnamon ) before that.
I've been in the #GTK world for so long, and tried to return to #Plasma 5.2.
The desktop is amazing! However, it takes soooo long to start! Even if I love the new KDE desktop, I can't stand taking that long to start each session, whereas Gnome / Cinnamon start in a few seconds!
Until this is worked, I can hardly imagine I'd go back to the green pastures of KDE... It's so frustrating to login to the computer!
I've recently switched from Ubuntu to Arch Linux ( Antergos , really, as it provides a decent installer and nice defaults, and is just Arch in the end). Arch uses systemd (the controversial init system that has caused lots of debates, but I have personally ...
But as RAM was already being heavily used by other processes, I decided to prevent /tmp in RAM altogether.
Will try Gnome (again) for a few days. Possible options afterwards:
* Keep Gnome Shell
* Back to Cinnamon
* Back to KDE Plasma (probably after Plasma 5 matures more)
* Try LxQt or MATE
Time will tell...
- Social Trade OrganizationArquiteto / desenvolvedor Java, 2005 - present
- DBServerArquiteto / desenvolvedor Java, 2000 - 2005
- Pontifícia Universidade Católica do Rio Grande do SulDoutorado em Ciência da Computação, 2013 - present
- Pontifícia Universidade Católica do Rio Grande do SulMestrado em Ciência da Computação, 2010 - 2012
- Federal University of Rio Grande do SulEspecialização em Web e Sistemas de Informação, 2005 - 2006
- Pontifícia Universidade Católica do Rio Grande do SulBacharelado em Ciência da Computação, 1998 - 2002
The Humble Bundle for Android 2 (pay what you want and help charity)
Pay whatever you want and get instant access to six epic games: Zen Bound 2, Avadon: The Black Fortress, Cogs, Canabalt, Snuggle Truck, and
realmaco: transatlanticwanker: Since moving to... | (More) Amy's Ramblings
realmaco: transatlanticwanker: Since moving to America I’ve found that apparently very few Americans know all this. So I spent six hours des