Hello and Thank You for following me on Google+!
Let me tell you a few things about the way I use Google+ and what you can expect from me. Let me also tell you something about my expectations.
- If you're new to Google+, don't hesitate to ask. Do not expect an answer immediately, please. I have a lot of other things to do.
- I mostly post public. Whatever I post public you're free to re-share without asking. If ever I post limited then that probably happened for a reason and I'd appreciate if you could ask before re-sharing. I cannot force you to do that, of course.
- Don't be a #bluehead. If you want me to have a look at your profile, at least have a profile picture of some sort. It need not be an actual photo of you - just something.
- If you absolutely want to get blocked, tell me. I have no problem blocking people that go on my nerves or post inappropriate stuff. Before you troll me to the point where you get blocked, simply ask for inclusion into my 'blocked' sphere. If you don't do that you will be blocked after I had enough of you.
- I do not share or plus on command. If I think anything you post is worth plussing or sharing, I will do so. If I decide it's not worth it, I won't. I may also miss a lot of things.
- Don't notify me too often. I don't mind being notified if it's on an infrequent basis. If you bother me too much with your notifications I'll mute you. Simple as that. After that, don't expect me to see anything you send me via notification.
- It's me who decides. I'll decide who to follow and I will leave the same freedom to you. If you feel inclined to circling me, you're welcome. If you don't like my posts, feel free to uncircle me. I will not be impressed by threats of being uncircled.
- Try to be nice. If you comment on my posts or in some other way communicate with me, try to be nice. I also do. I can be sarcastic and cynical at times, but I'm mostly a friendly person.
- If you feel like being ignored, maybe you are. Rather than getting into lengthy discussions about differing points of view I might just leave the subject. If you don't get an answer to any of your comments, you are either being ignored on purpose or I simply forgot about the thread. Feel free to +mention me to get me in again. If that doesn't lead to a reaction, live with it.
Occasionally I share or re-share circles. That is a good way to find new people to follow. I'm not forcing you to add all those people. Add as many or few as you like. I will not notify anybody of this kind of posts; I generally do not send notifications. Exceptions might apply.
If you absolutely cannot stand seeing shared circles, do not follow me. In that case, your best bet would be to stay clear of Google+ anyway.
One last word: -I am not on Facebook. It's not necessary to invite me. I will not come.- As of now, I *am* actually on Facebook, but I don't like it. I have to be because I am maintaining a page there.