Google+'stalks with Fast Company Design about the two-month process behind the redesign of Google+. The summary at the end of the article makes a great point: "In the digital world, there's no reason to fear being incomplete. Because, if you're doing your job right, your work will never be finished, anyway."
50 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 5 previous comments
- Next time you guys want to do a "blitzkrieg redesign", better schedule it for a time frame when your usability engineers are back from vacation. #imjustsayinApr 25, 2012
- Great article. Perfection is the enemy of progress. #justgoodenoughApr 26, 2012
- And a superb job they did. :-)Apr 26, 2012
- Nice article, but too bad Google+ is ugly and less funcional after the redesign...Apr 26, 2012
- Ugly! Less functional! Please! Not true. They did a good job.Apr 26, 2012
- On the day Gmail permanently flipped all users over to the new design, I had three female non-engineer friends comment to me that they very much disliked it. And it was for the same reasons I and others have described: too much whitespace, color scheme too bright/gray, etc.
Many Microsoft consumer products are regarded as "tolerable mediocrity". With the redesign, more and more users are starting to lump Google websites into that category. That saddens me.Apr 26, 2012