- MapR TechnologiesWriter/Editor, 2013 - presentWriter/Editor for MapR Technologies, the leader in Apache Hadoop technology for big data deployments.
- Freelance Writer and Social Media ConsultantCopywriter, 2012 - 2013Copywriter for a wide variety of media. I work collaboratively with creative teams on copywriting, brand identity, marketing, social media and SEO strategies. Ongoing clients include MapR Technologies and Moementum. Portfolio available at www.lorinelsonking.com
- Flying Like the ProsDigital Content Manager, 2011 - 2012Managed content for Flying Like the Pros web presence using Drupal content management platform. Implemented social media strategy and best practices across various platforms and social communities. Coordinated and launched social media promotions. Created site promotions, email blasts and newsletters, and online outreach campaigns. Developed/maintained master content calendar across all web properties. Monitored help desk support tickets and assign tickets to team members. Tracked site metrics, site performance and optimized SEO and SEM content. Identified new content opportunities Reported bugs/issues via Jira bug tracking tool.
- Freelance CopywriterFreelance Copywriter, 1997 - 2011Created content for web sites, social media platforms, online communities, and traditional print and advertising media.
- Silicon Graphics, Inc.Manager, Electronic Marketing, 1995 - 1997Managed team of web site producers for Silicon Surf, SGI's corporate web site. Worked with senior product and market managers to showcase SGI technology on the web.
- Apple Inc.Consultant, AppleLink and eWorld, 1993 - 1994Designed and developed content for Apple’s online information services. Worked with various Apple groups and outside vendors to provide Newton and PowerBook content for AppleLink and eWorld. Engaged Apple and major mobile computing industry experts to participate in online discussions.
- NeXTField Communications Manager, 1991 - 1992Developed publications and sales tools to empower sales force to sell NeXT products more effectively. Wrote monthly sales and corporate marketing newsletter. Condensed technical product information into selling guides for field sales. Supervised editorial staff in proofreading and fact-checking of publications. Managed team of senior marketing, MIS, and engineering members to develop online corporate information library.
- The SoftAd GroupMarketing Manager, 1989 - 1991Managed marketing activities for software company specializing in interactive advertising and multimedia applications. Developed in-house technical bulletins and competitive analyses on multimedia technologies. Wrote interactive copy for clients. Wrote business proposals for field.
I create powerful, persuasive and differentiating messages that are not only on strategy, but also help to sell clients' brands.
- Thunderbird School of Global Management
- Iowa State University
- Bonza Word Puzzle
MapR laps ahead of rivals with SQL query + YARN backward compatibility a...
MapR has established itself as a frontrunner in the race to deliver the first truly enterprise-ready Big Data platform by diverging from the
MapR Technologies turbocharges HBase applications - SD Times: Software D...
Latest M7 release quadruples throughput and eliminates latency spikes
The Legacy of Linus Torvalds: Linux, Git, and One Giant Flamethrower | W...
Linus Torvalds created Linux, which now runs vast swathes of the internet, including Google and Facebook. And he invented Git, software that
67 Telltale Signs That You Went To Boarding School
There's a reason you own so much argyle...
"B" = BARGAINS, BUDGETING, BUYING IN BULK, BICYCLING and BRAINSTORMING
I decided to take a week off from writing and enjoy the Memorial Day weekend holiday with my family. Actually, we had our second set of Airb
Choose Your Own Adventure -- Video Edition -- with FlixMaster - LAUNCH -
LAUNCH. Search. facebook; facebook; facebook; facebook. Sign up for our Newsletter. Close. Latest Profiles. Awesome Startup Jobs. Challenge
Mobile Payments: 8 Awesome Ways to Pay with Your Phone - TNW Apps
The day when we no longer have to cart around our fat wallets, jammed with credit cards, coins and cash is fast approaching. Several smart m