Introducing Equity Crowd Funding - and what this mean for your startup...
This is brand new in Australia, and if you own a startup (or are thinking about starting one) then this will be very exciting for you. But keep your pants on...for now.
Here's what you need to know about Equity Crowd Funding:
1) Unlike non-equity crowd funding, equity crowd funding means that you can now share equity with your micro-investors in exchange for their hard earned cash, instead of giving them something.
2) It's kind of like floating your company on the stock exchange...without all the crazy legislation. There's still some stuff you should be aware of. Click the link to learn more.
3) The risk is carried by the investor, not the startup. So you're in the clear....for the most of it at least.
4) There are very few Equity Crowd Funding websites/platforms available in Australia / New Zealand. So there's a fair bit of opportunity in this space.
5) The Australian government are making a lot of moves (slowly) to help the startup community. Which is great to see.
The tools are there, now you just need to master 'The Art of the Kickstart'... that's a book title!
Please feel free to leave comments, thoughts and ideas.