Do not be fooled, it is scary, at least for me, and it seems like it will take me forever to get use to it as I ride most of the time by myself. Not every car slows down, but I do notice that more of them do slow down and pass in the opposite lane as long as I am "in the right spot" in the lane. If a car squeezes by too close, then I move a little further into the lane.
- Vehicles scaled to actual width of standard U.S. passenger vehicles
- 8-foot-wide F-150 pickup parked in the 7-foot parking lanes on both sides, hanging a foot into the travel lane & bike lane
- Opening car door swinging out to 11 feet from the curb
- Standard U.S. transit bus, 10.5' wide including mirrors, driving next to the bike lane
- That car parked nose-in mid-block backing out through the bike lane to rejoin traffic
- Riders other than standard upright bikes, e.g. common adult trikes and pedicabs are up to 50 inches wide
STILL! I enjoyed the experience! Any day on the bike is better than a day in the office. #roadcycling
- Lloyd Lemons / ContentOwner, 1982 - presentContent and script writer, and creative consultant; served over 280 corporate clients.
- Cycling NirvanaOwner, 2007 - 2015Spreading the joy and wisdom of cycling for late bloomers, second chancers and athletes of a certain age.
- Express Technology Inc.Intn'l Marketing Director, 1990 - 1991Created strategic communications for marketing technology to 36-countries.
- Accuform Manufacturing Inc.Marketing Manager, 1984 - 1989Created strategic communications for marketing industrial sign systems
I’ve been a commercial writer and marketing consultant for over 25-years and have worked with hundreds of astute marketers from around the world, many with complex product offerings. My storytelling skill set is diverse and includes:
- a Da Vincian curiosity
- listening, questioning and critical thinking skills
- content strategy and story development
- video scriptwriting
- mechanical and technological aptitude
- a strategic vision for social media
- a practiced eye for effective design
- an energy for creative collaboration
Here is a partial list of organizations I've worked with over the years. It illustrates the diversity of my experience in solving marketing communications problems.
I’ve been active in social media for 13-years. As it continues to evolve and expand exponentially, I’ve moved more of my efforts to Google Plus. The G+ platform is both powerful and manageable. From here you have a connection to most everything I do.
I'm also an avid cyclist with a penchant for long-distance, unsupported rides. I advocate for cycling, mentor anyone willing to listen, and believe the bike can heal the body and awaken the mind. (I’m living proof of that.) I write and edit the blog Cycling Nirvana, where I share stories about serious cycling for the young at heart. I also discuss issues of safety, endurance, and health and fitness for people of a certain age, late-bloomers and other enthusiasts. Additionally, I own the G+ Page, Cycling Nirvana/BRIEFS, where I bring you short bits of knowledge to make your cycling life safer and more enjoyable.
I’m currently writing a book called: The Simplest Machine. It explores diverse styles of bicycle riding, the mental and physical benefits associated with a cycling lifestyle, and the adventure that cycling can be.
Here are a few things that interest me:
- good writing/storytelling
- social media marketing
- older athletes
- endurance over 50
- health & fitness
- cycling advocacy
- cycling education
Meditation Techniques For People Who Hate Meditation
Don't have the time or patience for devoting 20 minutes a day to sitting still? You can still meditate with small moments of mindfulness.
4 Completely Scientific Ways To Know If Your Content Is Compelling | Co....
Riveted, a book from cognitive science professor Jim Davies, presents a unified theory of compellingness.
The Dullest, Most Vital Skill You Need to Become a Successful Manager | ...
The exemplary manager is often shown delivering a rousing speech that inspires her troops to achieve ever greater heights. But the truth is
This Bright Orange Skyway Is Copenhagen's Newest Bike Lane | Co.Exist | ...
This elevated track is the city's latest attempt at creating a cyclist's heaven.
4 Ways To Retrain Your Brain To Handle Information Overload | Fast Compa...
Are you constantly forgetting where you placed your keys? Do you feel like your mind shuts down in the afternoon? Here's why.
These Cycling Desks Charge Your Phone--And Your Muscles--While You Work ...
At the office or airport, 30 minutes of easy pedaling on a WeBike will get you a full iPhone charge and keep you fit.
One Family, Two Generations Of Stay-At-Home Dads | Fast Company | Busine...
Thirty years ago, being a stay-at-home dad merited a spot on the news. But we're still not talking much about men's careers post kids.
The Bike Fits In A Backpack, So It's Super Easy To Bring On Trips (Some ...
This design envisions a bicycle that can be simply assembled or taken apart in 10 minutes. Hope you're good with a socket wrench.
Death To Corporate Selfies! Why Clueless Companies Can't Resist Internet...
When brands try to hijack trendy Internet phenomena for their own campaigns, they wind up looking pathetic. And they kill the fun for everyo
"Boyhood" Director Richard Linklater Shares His Keys To Great Storytelli...
The man behind Slacker and Before Midnight is known for narrative experimentation. He explains why structure is so essential.
Surprise! People Aged 60-79 Are Behind More Than a Third of the Biking B...
Between 1995 and 2009, the most recent year for which National Household Travel Survey data are available, the rise in biking among people a
Meet The Next 20 Genius Kids Getting $100,000 From Peter Thiel To Ditch ...
An inventor behind a bionic glove for amputees. A kid who has a real idea to cure cancer. Not everyone should skip college, but for these te
12 Myths that Lead to a Busy, Unfulfilling Life | LinkedIn
15 years ago, I quit law school to pursue one overarching question: “Why do capable people fail to break through to the next level?” The ans
"The Fault In Our Stars" Author John Green On Building A Passionate Audi...
His beloved book is about to be a movie, and his YouTube videos have been viewed an astounding 1.5 billion times. Here's how Green has creat