Google Maps is being updated with new features that should benefit those of us using maps to illustrate/geolocate events.
From the email:
"The new My Maps is a more powerful maps creation tool that makes it easier to edit and share maps you've made. Just like with classic My Maps, you can work on a map with others, save driving directions, add photos and videos, and more. With the new Google My Maps, you can also do things like:
• Share your map similar to how it works for a Google Doc.
• Use different colors to make parts of your map stand out.
• Label your features directly on the map.
• Import locations from a spreadsheet.
• Organize your places with layers. "
For more information, please see FAQ http://www.google.com/appserve/mkt/p/xmMAEn3UFMVQVyiQJ2H2gt-ujrqAteiTH4hXCQLEL0yllKMUbYHyJnr8DJEF68GBY-IuXawSLv6jZdrPnDyn