Holiday travel doesn't have to suck. How do you pass the hours on a plane, train, or in a car?
37 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 10 previous comments
- I wouldn't know, I'm in Ireland.:p
Well I did drive through the US and I loved it. But we had interactive games (our brains and power of speech), a pencil, maybe a deck of cards and little health and safety regulations, and we never got bored.
A simple hangman's game can keep you going for an hour or two
Personally I still can't read in a car as I get sick anywayNov 19, 2012
- I listen to audio books or stuff like Teaching Company lectures every day. I have a 30 minute commute to work and love having reclaimed that time. My wife and I usually start, and sometimes finish, an audio novel on long road trips.Nov 19, 2012
- i drove 9 hours to see my family last xmas. i listened to audio books the whole way. i find the linear format of books much better suited to driving than the randomness of a music playlist. i listened to dickens's christmas carol in its entirety one way and a variety of sherlock holmes stories on the way back. all were downloaded free and legally from librevox.Nov 19, 2012
- Atlas Shrugged is a mere 68 hours of audio. How far you goin'?Nov 19, 2012
- Audible...Nov 19, 2012
- With my kids?! Ear plugs and Valium!!! Alone, my Sirius satellite radio is all that I need.Nov 20, 2012