Everyone's seen the Kony 2012 video. So... is the non-profit any good?
198 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 125 previous comments
- Maybe the guys over at Invisible Children are genuine, raising awareness is always positive thing, and they have been trying for years. That doesn't take away from the fact that the vast majority of the money does not got to the people they are trying to help. That is not charity, that is documentary film making business. As documentary film makers they are exaggerating facts and not providing any other information. They are tuggin on peoples heart strings and guilt. That is why they are rated very low as a charity, and also have yet to be audited by an official body. If they allow this procedure to happen, then they would not be facing the backlash they are now.
What is scary is this incredible mob mentality baying for blood and willing to pay up their money for just that. People are pumping money into something and they don't know what that money will be used for. I won't speculate about where the money will go.
Many of these same people that are crying out have no clue about what has been going on for years Uganda, many of these same people walk by poor children everyday, many of these same people that are crying all over the internet don't really care about the children, they want blood. Oooohhh a bad man has to be taken out? we will pay for that, but we won't help transparent organisations that really help children everyday, and whose staff live and work for hardly any money at all.
Forces have been trying to take out Kony for years, and who has he been surrounded by? children, the same children become casualties in every attempt to catch him, your money may be going towards killing more of the same children you think you are helping. In 1998 the taking out of the LRA escalated into a war between many countries that killed millions.
The bigger picture here is a possible change in how money is going to be extracted from people. People will be happy when Kony is captured and they will want more again, any organisation that has slick production will tug on the heart strings of these same people and collect the money. There could be videos made about any 'possible' target in the future and people will pump money into that... without knowing any of the real history behind the situations. The mob will rule with dollars, they will want it over and over for years to come, a new era.
Awareness is a positive thing, mob mentality because of wanting blood is not. The cycle is beginning "we want more" will be the cries of the masses. It's ok, tell yourself you are helping the children, then walk on by all the other children that need help.Mar 10, 2012
- thanks for the information I've heard a lot about this movement this week.Mar 11, 2012
- every way goes kony :)Mar 11, 2012
- precioso todo lo que me deciisMar 15, 2012
- this all are nonsense ......Mar 26, 2012
- I believe all children need support,Not some militant retard wanting to make a name for himself using helpless children.these children are going to become a more serious threat.And he knows this.The justice of the world has dealt with this for century's,How (seek and destroy) THAT'S MY OPINION.Mar 30, 2012