I must be getting jaded. I'm even thinking about FreeBSD again.
-- blog post, by me, as I develop some ideas a little
[Recycled (part of) a mailing list post: another crack at trying to explain what was significant about LispMs.]
But other things broke. Now, there's an in-kernel ForcePAE kernel switch...
Using this, I tried 14.04 on it. Lots of things didn't work right, including no wifi and the colour corruption on resume that you describe.
So I gave in and went back to 12.04, by the means of LXLE. Works really well, all my hardware works, and it's still getting updates and will for a few years yet.
Frankly, IMHO, it's easier than fighting to keep using h/w that's no longer properly supported by later Linuxes.
12.10 broke display on one my CRT screens - it was trying to autodetect the resolution, via a BNC connector cable. No EDID on BNC; I had to go find a VGA-VGA cable and replace it.
IOW, shit happens. I'll take the frequent free updates to a less-than-annual paid-for one that also breaks stuff. Also, hardware is essentially disposable now. :¬(
It has 4 views cached of the building. In 2009, the floor you are above with this view didn't exist.
You have to move up the street to the "left" as you face the building and pan up towards the top floor.
- AVG TechnologiesEscalation Specialist, 2014 - present
- FreelanceWriter & IT consultant, 1996 - present
- Heise Zeitschriften VerlagEditor, heise-online.co.uk, 2008 - 2008
- Transport for LondonOut of hours support, 2008 - 2008
- Dennis PublishingTechnical writer, 1995 - 1996
- Alfred Berg Fondkommision ABI T Manager, 1993 - 1995
- Newton Investment ManagementPC technical support person, 1992 - 1992
- Micro AnvikaTechnical support person, 1992 - 1993
- Digicom SystemsTechnical support person, 1990 - 1992
- CSL DeltaSoftware support person, 1988 - 1990
- Red Hat SoftwareTechnical Writer, 2014 - 2014
Personally - well, a not-very-comprehensive list of characteristics might read, alphabetically: Atheist, biker, biologist, SF fan, skeptic, vegetarian.
White, monogamous, heterosexual, male Englishman; unpierced, untattooed, non-smoker.
Not as dull as the above may sound.
If you want to get more of an impression of me, I suggest checking out my LinkedIn profile (for professional stuff) or my Livejournal (for personal stuff).
- Royal Holloway College, University of London
- King William's College, Castletown
- Kingswood School, Southport
- Mercer's College, Ware
- Merchant Taylors' School, Crosby
First ever web page put back online by Cern (Wired UK)
Journey back to the birth of the World Wide Web as Cern restores the first ever web page
diesel sweeties : robot webcomic & geeky music t-shirts
The Happy Warrior. joe biden fan club shirt. Today, we are all Vice Presidents. A Few Ravenns Remain! ravenn diagram nevermore shirt. There
The Modernization of Emacs (Simple Changes Emacs Should Adopt)
Problem Description. Emacs is a great editor. It is perhaps the most powerful and most versatile text editor. And, besides text editing, it