Google TV - Latest release #googletv #googletvdev
Now on Sony
• Honeycomb 3.2 (API Level 13)http://developer.android.com/sdk/android-3.2.html
• Chrome works faster
• Support for 3D content
• HLS works better
• Extensions to the Channel Listing Content Provdier
• Hardware Acceleration is turned on
Channel Listing Content Provider
- new column to ChannelListingContract, "DATA_SOURCE" example "TMS"
- new contract for exposing lineups for each device, MediaDeviceContract
Formal documentation should be up in a few days.
<application android:hardwareAccelerated="true" ...>
and all it’s kin now works.
For more information see http://developer.android.com/guide/topics/graphics/hardware-accel.html
This platform change has caused a few apps to misbehave. Please re-test your apps on this release. (We’ve also updated the M4’s aka if you have one of those).
How do I have two apk’s?
(One that runs on hardware that hasn’t yet updated, and one that runs on the new hardware - if needed)
The new APK should have:
<uses-sdk android:minSdkVersion="13" android:targetSdkVersion="13" />
Market will be able to accept multiple apk’s, and deliver the right one to your tv.
for more information.