I need a single 20-question online assessment for my website. Does anyone have a recommendation? Styled to my site of course ...
When describing the slide of a society into paranoia, self-destructive rhetoric, intolerance and fear it’s worth remembering that it starts small, it is followed by many other small events and it just gathers momentum, the small things accumulating until it becomes impossible to question why something is being done without becoming a legitimate target of the thing you question.
The establishment of the Fish Committee in 1930 (http://goo.gl/EpRe) was a direct, knee-jerk reaction to the perceived threat of Communism in the United States. We’re not going to examine here how no one thought that the rooting out of ideas (of all things) was a bad thing or how difficult it would be for Communism to find a foothold in a nation that was as free-spirited and individualistic as America.
The fact that the Fish Committee was an accepted and acceptable response paved the road in ever evolving, small steps for the creation of the House Un-American Activities Committee (HUAC), just fifteen years later. The HUAC would become the power based for Joseph McCarthy (http://goo.gl/V5H6A) who exploited the fear of Communism and to press his accusations that the government was failing to deal with Communism within its ranks. McCarthy also began investigations into the numerous homosexuals working in the foreign policy bureaucracy, who were considered prime candidates for blackmail by the Soviets.
Thus we went from a clash of ideologies that revolved around personal freedom to a climate of fear where in the ‘free’ world homosexuals were legitimately persecuted as potential threats to national security. The slippage was barely noticed. By then the fight had become about righteousness. Comic books for instance were seen as, perhaps a hotbed for finding information about lurid behavior, overt sexuality, and “horrible things.” They were seen as a corrupting moral influence of the young and had to now come under government scrutiny.
To avoid that the Comic Book Industry set up the Comics Code Authority (http://goo.gl/gzOq) to self-regulate its content. An overseeing organization that was not abolished until 2011.
In an echo of the many articles that appear blaming video games, today, after WWII there was a rise in juvenile delinquency in America (http://goo.gl/NWa2SI) and the UK (http://goo.gl/3qK1En) which many attributed to comics.
All it took to change a country from the beacon of hope for the world to a place where no one knew whom to trust were baby steps. And good intentions. The symptoms, should anyone have bothered to look, lay in the absurdity of what was being policed: sexual behavior, individual morality, reading habits, comics….
1. He’s not a lawyer. He’s a man of science. We will never regulate, tax, police, litigate and punish our way out of the problems our country faces. We have and we can once again, innovate our way to a better, brighter future for all. I believe it is a very good idea for physicians, scientists, engineers, and others trained to make decisions based on facts and empirical data to get involved in the political arena.
2. His views are his own. He’s not a politician and doesn’t speak in PC terms. It’s very easy to understand what he means. He doesn’t waffle, waiver or bend because he’s not being handled by government hucksters or the GOP.
2. He’s highly visual and and has three-dimensional reasoning. Great strengths for leaders. It takes great imagination to become a renowned neurosurgeon. Even greater imagination and courage to pioneer the separation of conjoined twins. We need leaders in Washington who can imagine and innovate a brighter future for our country and the world.
3. He’s published six highly rated, best selling books (Gifted Hands, Think Big, The Big Picture, Take the Risk, America the Beautiful, and One Nation.) about what it takes to be successful. His own rise from impoverished to success is a living testament.
4. His message is focused and inspiring. He’s not using the fear tactics of politicians and the media to swing votes.
5. His strength in the polls comes from grassroots support from everyday Americans, instead of the GOP political machine.
6. He is anti IRS, anti government dependency, anti excessive regulation, anti obamacare, anti career politicians.
7. He is pro free market, pro balanced budget, pro constitution, pro 2nd amendment, pro powerful military
8. HE IS PRO "THE BEST EDUCATION IN THE WORLD".
NO! I don’t agree with everything he believes.
1. He is against legalizing marijuana because he believes it is a gateway drug that leads to hedonism and more dangerous drug use. I believe the evidence proves that prohibition, drug wars, excessive punishment, greed, and gov’t policy creates far more dangerous problems.
I encourage you to read at least a few of the excerpts from books he has written. I’m especially fond of this excerpt. In his compelling book,”Take the Risk” he examines our safety-at-all-costs culture and the meaning of risk and security in our lives. In our 21st-century world, we insulate ourselves with safety. We insure everything from vacations to cell phones. We go on low-cholesterol diets and buy low-risk mutual funds. But in the end, everyone faces risk, like the Bijani twins did with their brave decision. Even if our choices are not so dramatic or the outcome so heartbreaking, what does it mean if we back away instead of move forward? Have we so muffled our hearts and minds that we fail to reach for all that life can offer us―and all that we can offer life? By insulating ourselves from the unknown―the risks of life―we miss the great adventure of living our lives to their full potential
- Public SpeakerKeynotes, Seminars and Workshops, 2006 - 2013I can only imagine how challenging it can be to find the right speaker for your event. My hope is that this page will make it easy for you to get the information you need to make the best decision possible.Thanks for considering me. I'm honored.
- Learn. Do. Grow 10XFounder and President, 2006 - presentA total support system for ambitious, growth-oriented entrepreneurs
Les Dossey is on a mission to FREE one million entrepreneurs. As a lifelong entrepreneur himself, he understands why so many feel like they’ve been wrung out and hung up wet. Les uses a concept he developed called, “Clean Thinking™” to help entrepreneurs rejuvenate their lives. His company and program, Learn. Do. Grow 10X® is a clean thinking, highly creative and innovative environment. It is focused on equipping entrepreneurs with capabilities designed to simplify their business, expand their freedom and grow their future in deeply satisfying ways. Les can be contacted at email@example.com or (757) 284-1939
What Blog Editorial Calendar Should I Use? - Build Your Own Blog
Why every blogger should use a blog editorial calendar and a list of blog editorial calendars you can use for free. Paid ones too.
Who Do You Trust More, Yourself or Your Dog? | Les Dossey | LinkedIn
If you are a dog lover like I am, then you'll probably agree that dogs are easy to trust.If you've had your dog for very long then you know
Welcome to the Podcast Workshop! Our next live Webinar is Today ...
Welcome to the Podcast Workshop! Our next live Webinar is Today @ 2pm EDT! Tweet · Join Podcasters' Paradise today! Promo code: 624. Can't s
Is Your Elevator Speech Putting People to Sleep? | LinkedIn
This post includes an elevator speech writing contest. See entry details below.What do you say when people ask you what you do?If you’re lik
Is This The #1 Barrier Preventing Professional Success? | LinkedIn
"The price of success is hard work, dedication to the job at hand, and the determination that whether we win or lose, we have applied the be
Are You Learning From the High Performers You Follow? | LinkedIn
Sure, we learn bits and pieces of information from the people we follow, but learning how to (be and do) enough to rise to the top in a give
50 Sales and Social Business Quotes You Need to Hang in Your Office
In today’s world of social connectivity, top salespeople are using social media on the job to listen to prospects, gather intelligence, buil
Why I Will Overcome My Fear of Success | Small Business Wisdom from an A...
I defended the next-to-last position on my high school tennis team. I never competed in an official tournament because I couldn't beat the g
I Write to Unravel Life's Lies - The Gift of Writing
When I write out the lie, suddenly I can see it clearly. I write the truth and replace it in my head
3 Reasons Businesses Need to Be On Pinterest - Brainy Marketer
Savvy businesses and bloggers are able to take advantage of Pinterest’s strengths and gain new, interested followers and a steady stream of