If you're 30 or over, you may remember how back in the 80s and 90s, calling during dinner hours was considered rude. The hours between 5-7 were for the family, and you'd never have your meal interrupted by a phone call. But, maybe that was just a Midwest thing.
Prior to the phone, the main way to contact someone was via a letter. The first asynchronous form of human communication. Along comes the phone, and it basically kills most personal mail by fixing the latency problem. In fact, I don't think I've written a personal letter in my entire life. However, calls were a step backwards in a sense: phone calls are synchronous, you need to answer them and interact, or not get the message at all (answering machines aside).
With the Internet being so pervasive; email, texting, and instant messenger is in the progress of killing the phone. The only phone calls I make now seem to be to customer service departments. I don't even call for takeout/delivery anymore, now that you can do that online. Obviously, the need for live communication will never disappear, but there are plenty of better, unintrusive ways, to contact people that let them respond on their own time and leisure.
When I get a phone call now, I interpret it as someone saying: Stop doing whatever you are doing now, because whatever I am calling about is more important than that. Chances are, it really wasn't. Phone calls are rude.
Obviously, family and close friends are exempt... usually.
- European Institute of Design IED3D Graphic, 2002 - 2005
- IsIAOJapanese, 2008 - 2012
- Liceo Artistico di BreraArt, 1997 - 2001
- IsIAOJapanese, 1999 - 2000
- Indiana UniversityEnglish IEP Intensive English Program
- Lennon DesignDigital Designer, 2016 - present
- Google Street View | TrustedGoogle Trusted Photographer, 2014 - presentI am a Google Trusted Photographer active on the UK area: https://leonardo.pics
- Self-EmployedFreelance Hybrid Web Designer and Web Developer, 2012 - presentRole: Freelance Hybrid Web Designer and Web Developer (CSS3, SASS, Compass, JQuery Mobile, Web App) Activities: Design of multi-platform apps with advanced CSS animations made with Adobe Edge Animate and Phonegap for Android, iOS, Windows 8, and Windows Phone 8. Design of several self-hosted Wordpress websites, SEO-optimized and integrated with social networks. Development from concept to execution of several projects by using Amazon AWS tools (EC2, S3, and Glacier)
- Movie & Arts3D Generalist, 2010 - 2012Activities: Development of 3D contents for TV and online advertisements (clients include Fiat, Barilla, New Holland, Hyundai, and Allianz). Expertise: Autodesk Softimage and matchmoving camera tracking with Boujou. I was also in charge of managing the internal render farm with Royal Render on a Linux machine
- European Institute of Design IEDTeaching Assistant, 2006 - 2006Teaching Assistant at Istituto Europeo di Design, Milano Subject: Thesis Project Laboratory (3D shorts, Videogame design)
- Postoffice Reloaded3D operator, 2007 - 2008I worked for one year at Postoffice Reloaded, BRW & Partners in Milano. Main duties: 3D operator, junior technical director, matchmoving operator. Job area: 3D contents for commercials, promotional music videos.
- The Academy of Fine Arts of BreraTeaching Instructor, 2010 - 2010Teaching Instructor at Accademia di Belle Arti di Brera, Milano Subject: Autodesk Mudbox for sculpture, Photoshop for advanced photo retouch
- Self-EmployedFreelance Web Designer and Graphic Designer, 2005 - 2006Activities: Design of Flash websites. Design of catalogues and promotional material for visual art exhibitions and cultural associations.
- Tamriel Maps (current)
- Progetto Bel sit (current)
- Sistema Eduzione (current)
- Art and Books B&B (current)
- La Casa di Vetro (current)
- Angelo Gorlini Watercolour Artist (current)
- Triple A Visual Services (current)
- Roberta Pagnoni (current)
- Pino Di Gennaro Sculptor (current)
- Oblivion Map (current)
- Giuseppe Ravera Blog (current)
- Apps (current)
- Taffy Books (current)
- Buzz (past)
Camera ZOOM FX Premium – Android Apps on Google Play
★★★ Get up to 90% off in the Play Summer Deals promotion! ★★★★★★★★ "The Best Camera App for Android" - lifehacker ★★★★★Best apps - Google Pl
Teaching Smart People How to Learn – Books on Google Play
Why are your smartest and most successful employees often the worst learners? Likely, they haven't had the opportunities for introspection t
LastPass Password Manager – Android Apps on Google Play
LastPass is a password manager and password generator that locks your passwords and personal information in a secure vault. LastPass autofil
AlarmPad - Alarm clock PRO – Android Apps on Google Play
★★★ "AlarmPad is a new utility that makes your alarms useful." - LifeHacker ★★★ ★★★ "All phones have a default alarm clock, but that's a bas