Know your voice.
Recognize you when you
first come 'round the corner.
Sense your scent when I come
into a room you've just left.
Know the lift of your heel,
the glide of your foot.
Become familiar with the way
you purse your lips
then let them part,
just the slightest bit,
when I lean in to your space
and kiss you.
I want to know the joy
of how you whisper
I used to teach here. I have very different memories of the place but haven't been back in a long time. Sounds like things have changed a lot.
Since then, I've watched his business grow. I've seen how he's developed his career, social media and his own business.
So... this is something to hear.
We watched 10 women discover what they already knew -- how talented they all are. That they have much to share with the world. and I are excited to announce when the next retreat is taking place!
Besides, they're great stories. My favorite is Story of an Hour. I also quite love Margaret Atwood's Happy Endings. Fantastic.
- The Future Is Red2007 - presentMy blog about writing, travel and all the things that inspire me in life. I offer my services as an expert writer and editor as well as run The Writer's Process community, an open and reflective audience where group members hone their writing, blogging and social media presence.
- Cloudhead Art FoundationFounder, 2010 - presentI founded and run the Cloudhead Art NGO. We combine art, education and technology to create collaborative projects that educate and empower people to best use their resources.
- Matador NetworkLife Editor, 2010 - 2012Editor of the Life section of Matador, the largest independent travel network. Life is the only section of Matador that doesn't deal with travel and instead covers all areas of our lives that aren't about travel.
- MTV NewsProducer, 1995 - 1998I produced and designed interfaces and campaigns for MTV News Online, Specials and political coverage including US election campaigns.
- Infrared, IncFounder, 1998 - 2007I founded and ran all aspects of an internet consulting company from interface and website design to training.
1 404 939 8801
I’ve been writing and traveling for as long as I can remember. Born in South Africa, I immigrated to the US when I was five years old. Since then, I've lived in France, Panama, Israel and now live in NW Argentina but work location independently all over the world.
You can read all about travel, writing and all that inspires me on my blog, The Future Is Red.
Want to work with me?
I speak at conferences like Internet Week NY on technology, working with international teams using technology and how-to work from anywhere in the world.
My writing, photography and translation has been featured online and in print in Mashable, The Huffington Post and The New York Times.
I work with writers of all ages and in all disciplines to develop their writing and recently launched a new community called The Writer's Process where writer's gather to discuss their writing, publishing and social media presence.
Join me at the Writer's Process? Here's how.
- Barnard CollegeEnglish literature & writing
- City College of NYliterature, writing & education
It's easy, apparently, to decide not to die. - The Future Is Red
That was the summer I learned that anything is possible. You could just decide not to die.
Do You Want a Creative Revolution? - Nomadic Chick | Roaming the World *...
I announce my next creative venture, that will include an epic event and an international destination.
Facts About Chocolate - Ethical Cocoa | Epicure & Culture
Know the facts about chocolate, child slave labor and where to get ethical cocoa before purchasing your candy this Easter.
The worst words ever used in travel writing - The Future Is Red
I challenged myself to use as many bad travel writing cliches as possible in one piece of writing. My goal? To make something that is readab
How telling your story empowers you! Plus, I'll tell you mine. - The Fut...
Each of us has a personal story that we tell and retell, not only to let others know who we are but to remind ourselves of our own value. Ou
Word Science: How to Use Amazing Words to Get More Shares
I've yet to meet a person who didn't want more shares. From blog posts to Twitter updates, everyone wants shares to spread their message or
3D Photo Fun at the Made in Penang Interactive Museum
There's a new museum in historic George Town, and it's on the fast track to becoming one of the most popular attractions on the island. What
October Writing Prompt: Seeing From A Different Perspective - The Future...
For October's Breast Cancer Awareness Month, I ask you to look at the subject and write from a perspective entirely not your own. I want you
Do you believe everything you read? - The Future Is Red
The relentless parade of images, articles and opinions about George Zimmerman shooting Trayvon Martin exhausts me. Mainly because, who cares
Why there's no such thing as writer's block - The Future Is Red
Writer's block is an excuse. It's your way of telling yourself you have a reason for not writing. I'm here to tell you, you're not fooling a
Imagine his girlfriend was noticeably scarred. » The Future Is Red
Remember Murad Osmann? He's the photographer lead around the world by his girlfriend. The two of them were all over the internet a couple we
I Love Las Vegas: Bellagio Fountains | Kaleidoscopic Wandering
One of the most popular attractions in Las Vegas are the Bellagio Fountains, and rightly so. The Fountains of Bellagio provide fun, free ent