The new product, BOX Computer the BX-220 series, is a compact embedded PC which is equipped with quad-core Intel Atom processor E3845, 4GB memory and SSD. By adopting the latest embedded Atom processor with significant improvements in processing capacity and power efficiency over the previous generation of processors, computing power has been increased approximately 4x and graphics performance approximately 3x that of the previous the BX-210 series*2. Moreover, this small paperback-sized embedded computer is a fanless and slittless design which doesn’t make operating noise or gather dust, so it reduces need for maintenance and can be installed anywhere, especially in IoT*2 gateway, industrial control system, interactive digital signage, KIOSK, medical equipment and automotive infotainment system.
In addition, the BX-220 series is equipped with our unique expanded RAS feature*3 operates independently of main computer functions. The feature provides various functions to increase system reliability by automatically restarting the system when detecting errors such as frozen programs, operating system startup faults, and a rise in internal temperature, and by saving detailed logs of the occurrence of errors that are useful in failure analysis. (To use these features, a dedicated utility (free of charge) will be required and provided in March 2015 (tentative))
*1 The BX-210 series is a existing BOX Computer series with Intel’s Atom processor Z530 (1.6GHz).
*2 IoT: Internet of Things
*3 RAS: Reliability Availability and Serviceability
- Contributes to reduced running cost and promotes energy efficiency
- Minimized needs installation space. Need paperback-sized foot-print
- Slit-less, fan-less design reduces need for maintenance
- Multiple interfaces for easy peripheral device expansion such as twin CFast card slot
- Unique expanded RAS feature to improve reliability
- Metal fittings and clamps provided to prevent accidental cable disconnection
- Supports a wide range of power supplies from 10.8 to 31.2VDC.DVI output supports full HD"