I can be a designer...
I can be a friend...
I can comment sports...
I can comment photography…
I can comment music...
I can comment TV...
I can comment movies...
and… I can write in two different languages.
And not bother you.
If I do all I mentioned above in Facebook or Twitter, i’ll be damaging important personal and professional relationships, because I’ll be spamming, instead of channeling it to the right… circle.
We’re not entitled, socially, to be that open, that wide, opinion wise. You’re asked to focus on a single one, and stick to it.
It may be dead in a week, who know’s? But they’re doing it right, and I can only hope the competition understands and improves upon it.
I gathered some useful basic orientation tips for Google+ to help you move faster:
- First work on your circles that will put sense into things...
- You can click on someones picture, notification etc..and add him to a circle on the go.
- Don't worry Circle names are visible only to you! (your friends can't see how you tagged them)
Protip: Copy one circle into another circle.
1) Go to Circles.
2) Click on a circle.
3) Click "View circle in tab".
4) On the top right click "More action" -> "Select all".
Then you can drag everyone from one circle into another circle.
Privacy and Picasa
Note: - Picasa photos are viewed by default, and use the original settings you provided on picasa
- Manage how others see your profile by typing their name here - https://plus.google.com/u/0/settings/privacy
- You can click "edit" and omit the "photos" tab
- The easiest way to change all albums settings is via Picasa go to https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/myphotos click "edit visibility" and change your albums settings
Stop all those emails
- Change email settings https://plus.google.com/settings/plus
- Mute conversations -
A few more Google+ tips:
- Text formatting
bold is with * *
italics is with _
- Write to someone
simply start writing a post and type that persons profile name it will limit and send your post to him only...kind of like writing on their wall...
- You can tag someone in the post by using the @ or + symbols (Note that if you tagged someone it will become a limited post and you will have to add "public" to make it public.)
- Drag and drop in the share box - https://plus.google.com/116447414911527915678/posts/Ys8pHJyCuRm
- In the stream, you can click 'j' to navigate down to the next item or 'k' to navigate up. I think it's the same keys that Gmail uses,
- If you're sharing a post with a small circle of people, you can prevent resharing. Click the arrow at the top-right of the post and choose "Disable reshare."
- Click the arrow at the top-right of the post and you can - Link to it, Mute it etc...
- You can edit your post or comment after you already posted them.
- You can comment/respond from within the notification bar itself.
How to Import contacts from Facebook
- Here is how https://plus.google.com/114202150062599138446/posts/eL4p15Hv1JT?tab=mh
For Android application outside US - you can download the .APK file directly (Google it!), and install it directly without rooting
Less important tips
- Incoming f you're looking for more fun things in your stream, the "Incoming" stream is stuff from people who are sharing with you, but who you haven't added to a circle.
- Profile picture You can click on profile pictures to rotate through them.
Some tips were taken from here - https://plus.google.com/116447414911527915678/posts/1enFhd7ZFhw
Feel free to "share" and add more basic tips in the comments i will update this on the go- you will find the latest updated version here -
- Self TaughtEntrepreneurship, 2007 - present
The Next Web - International technology news, business & culture.
TNW is a consumer tech blog & resource. If it's worth hearing about, you'll hear it from us....first.
Unlock New Opportunities for you and your contacts – join me on SkillPa...
SkillPages enables you to get found by anyone anywhere searching for your skill. Demonstrate and share your skills, expertise or talents on
Windows Phone 7 | Windows Phone | Microsoft Windows Phone 7 ...
Discover the latest Microsoft Windows Phone 7. Find out how to buy, use, and download free applications for your Windows Phone 7.
The Stanford Education Experiment Could Change Higher Learning Forever
Stanford doesn't want me. I can say that because it's a documented fact: I was once denied admission in writing. I took my last math class b
Windows Phone 7.5 Mango in-depth preview (video) -- Engadget
Make no mistake, Microsoft isn't playing coy in the smartphone market any longer. The folks in Redmond are making a significant jump for
Why Google+ won't hurt Facebook, but Skype will hate it — Tech ...
Google launched its much awaited and highly anticipated social networking platform today. Dubbed Google+, the service may take its cue from
Everyone Sits in the Prison of His Own Ideas - Entrepreneur
Entrepreneur. Part of The Next Web family. Recent Stories Across The Next Web. Picture 935. The prison of your own ideas ... Entrepreneur. h
Why Google+ is worth your time: Circles and social design - TNW Google
If you're socially active online, joining and spending time on Google+ makes a lot of sense.
TechCrunch | Salesforce, Asana And The War For The Future Of Enterprise ...
You’ve got to hand it to Salesforce: The big battleship of Cloud CRM is remarkably adept at turning its boat around to make war against the