You can now see a tweet's analytics right in the mobile Twitter app!
Several data points such as how many clicked to expand your tweet + how many actual tweet views, too! And data updates in real time!
Excellent news for measurement. I'm going to be staring at my phone more. Heh.
If you are a copywriter or you hire them in any way, would you mind spending a couple minutes to answer this survey? The industry desperately needs more data. It's really important. Thank you!
I share some tips on how to get content marketing done authentically in this interview with on .
Thanks for the excellent questions!
I've been experimenting with some crazy ideas lately about using Google Tag Manager to bring semantic data into Google Analytics as custom events and dimensions. Not only does this let SEOs like us track the ROI of implementing structured data (this makes it easy to segment out pages w/ semantic markup vs. those w/o) but it allows us to leverage the semantic markup we already have in place to make our analytics data more valuable.
I'd love for you to check out the post and let me know what you think.
The skepticism is rampant and we're all leery of "revolutionary" tech coming out of Microsoft, but I think this has legs. My latest on .
What do you think? Fad or the future?
Google Glass's demise has given even the staunchest wearables supporters pause. If Google couldn't (or simply didn't) make it work, who could? Apple?
I think the real issue is companies are placing to much emphasis on what the technology enables people to do instead realizing what people (prospects) are trying to accomplish, then beating them to the spot. (The iPod and the iPhone are apropos examples.)
Companies, in so many ways, are like marketers: They spent too much time listening to/looking at/copying one another that they forget the real needs of the customer.
Great piece, Lauren.
Seen at .
THE FORMAT FOCUSES ON THE STORY
True to the name, the clean and simple format with minimalist touches pulls your attention onto the page. The user interface emphasizes leisurely intake instead of hasty scanning through a mechanic that feels like you're flipping a magazine page instead of scrolling down a website.
Storyform has taken what writers have loved about Medium (focus on the content), added more formatting capabilities, and removed the biggest hurdle: being able to host this beautiful content on your own domain.
AN OPPORTUNITY TO MOVE PAST BLOG FORM
Content creators are free to create whatever content they want, in whatever voice they want, and at whatever quality level they choose. However, Storyform's top-shelf design demands more than the everyday piece of content.
The demo on Storyform's website is spot on: the quality of images and the written word are high. Professional photography and third-person expositional writing showed what's possible. Then I switched over to early examples of how others use the tool; the fractures in amateur photography, emoticons, and casual blog-style writing were magnified. The design and content were incongruent.
Perhaps there's a learning curve to finding how your content fits in the context of this tool, or maybe Storyform should be reserved for the best we have to offer as content creators.
I have yet to give the tool a whirl but I'm looking forward to trying it out. You can create a free account to give Storyform a try, and their premium memberships are very reasonable.
Questions you'd like to see asked?
Leave comment here or on social media with hashtag #maximpact
- Marketing Gal ConsultingOwner, 2012 - present
- SEOmozMarketing Communications Manager, 2010 - 2011
- Talisma / nGenera / Moxie SoftwareMarketing Communications Manager, 2008 - 2010
- ChemPointMarketing and Sales Intern, 2006 - 2007
- My background is in marketing, and specifically, marketing communications.
- I've been cosplaying at anime/video game/comic conventions for over ten years now and have portrayed more than 15 characters.
- I've been playing the clarinet and saxophone for >20 years and play in the Washington Wind Symphony. My favorite music to play is jazz (especially latin).
- It's okay... you can call me a loose-leaf tea snob. I love tea from the far east and have even taken a Japanese tea ceremony class in college. I want to return to it someday. I'm particularly fond of sencha and matcha.
- I'm a lifelong gamer. I bonded with my brothers over NES when I was 5 years old, and I met my husband in an MMO puzzle adventure game. I don't have as much time these days to play games as I did when I was younger, but I try to find time where I can.
- I don't have a lifestyle that's conducive to owning a pet, but when I do, I want a pug. I REALLY want a pug. They're adorable and have fantastic personalities.
- University of WashingtonBA, Business Administration and Marketing, 2006 - 2007
- Bellevue CollegeAssociates, Business Administration, 2001 - 2005
The Email Marketing Opportunity Your Brand is Missing
Get your branded content into the Gmail sidebar for free using your Google Plus business page. Here's how to do it.
I'm Kristina Halvorson, CEO Brain Traffic and Author, Content Strategy f...
Find The Best Inbound Marketing Content In The World From Inbound.org.
FreshBooks is the #1 cloud accounting specialist for small business owners. Loved by over 5 million, FreshBooks lets you create professional looking invoices in seconds, automatically record expenses and track your time quickly and efficiently so you can focus on what matters most - serving the needs of your clients.
Author information in search results - Webmaster Tools Help
Google is piloting the display of author information in search results to help users discover great content. Check out these sample queries:
How Alexis Ohanian Built a Front Page of the Internet
Reddit, created by Steve Huffman and Alexis Ohanian, was one of the first start-ups out of the Y Combinator program to be acquired, making O