I love me some Yamabuki."
"Much has been made about comedy as art during this whole affair, often coming with some variation on “comedy is supposed to challenge people.” The questions then become, “Who are you challenging and why?” Are you trying to challenge an established power structure, or are you going after people who are already mistreated on a regular basis? Are you trying to poke holes in a pristine facade that is carefully maintained or are you just recycling stereotypes like a shadow puppet Punch and Judy show?"
- Laura Lis ScottAuthor, 2004 - presentFiction and non-fiction. Blogging and non-blogging. Books and non-books.
- Toot Sweet InkPublisher and Editor, 2013 - presentIndependent publishing in print and digital. Contemporary fiction, historical fiction, science fiction, fantasy, and non-fiction.
- PingvCo-Founder + Chief Creative Officer, 2009 - presentOnline strategy, design, UX, and development of websites and web applications. Eleven years' experience in Drupal.
- Drupal AssociationAdvisory Board. Formerly Board of Directors, 2008 - presentWorldwide non-profit organization supporting the use and development of Drupal open source software.
- Freelance web designerWeb designer, 1995 - 2005
- Freelance designerArt Director, Graphic Designer, 1999 - 2005
- pingVDrupal Consultant, 2005 - 2006
- freelance videoEditor/Producer, 1995 - 2006
- pingVisionPresident, 2006 - 2009
- BlogHerContributing Editor, 2006 - 2011
- Columbia UniversitySchool of the ArtsMFA
- University of ChicagoEnglishBA
What media companies don't want you to know about ad blockers
New York Times CEO Mark Thompson caused a minor stir a couple weeks ago when he gave a speech at an advertising conference declaring that
My Story Submission Tracker Google Spreadsheet is now Freely Available |...
While at Launchpad, there was a discussion about various ways writers track their submissions. Some writers use a service like Duotropes, ot
May 2016 Author Earnings Report: the definitive million-title study of U...
Data in the publishing biz is hard to come by. Without widespread sharing of data by retailers, publishers, agents, and authors, we are all
Editorial love and the question of who hires whom … by Laura Lis Scott –...
So infinity scientists walk into a bar. Editor—This is very unbelievable. Infinity isn’t a real number. Nobody will believe this. And what d
The Colonel's Secret Service available in paperback
Currently it's available on Amazon.com. It will be available through Barnes & Noble and your favorite booksellers in the next few days as th
Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Cold Rain: Yamabuki and the Warlord Prince...
Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Cold Rain: Yamabuki and the Warlord Prince (Sword of the Taka Samurai Book 2) at Amazon
Amazon.com: Cold Rain: Yamabuki and the Warlord Prince (Sword of the Tak...
Cold Rain: Yamabuki and the Warlord Prince (Sword of the Taka Samurai Book 2) - Kindle edition by Katherine M Lawrence. Buy it once and read
February 2016 Author Earnings Report: Amazon’s Ebook, Print, and Audio S...
Two years ago, the first Author Earnings report revealed the growing market share of self-published ebooks. With data on hundreds of thousan
First chapter of The Candidate's Maid: A Spy in Stilettos
Thank goodness that this political season is bringing about change. Every presidential candidate still in the running has vowed to wipe out
A political story with a spoonful of snark (an excerpt from a novel) — M...
Thank goodness that this political season is bringing about change. Every presidential candidate still in the running ha…
Announcing A Spy in Stilettos: A Comedy of Manners, Politics, and Sex
My new book. So this happened this week. The book (as in my book) is available in hardcover, paperback, and Kindle. (Other ebook platforms t
A Spy in Stilettos (The Candidate's Maid Book 1) by Laura Lis Scott — Re...
"Shamelessly idolizes New York values!"--a presidential candidate not from New YorkMelody Baker needs a job. She gets one as a maid. Does...
A Spy in Stilettos: The Candidate's Maid, Book One
”Shamelessly idolizes New York values!” —a presidential candidate not from New York ”A quick read! You can hold this book in small hands!” —