This site seeks to preserve their legacy and legacy of others who came up in the powder business, including firms other than DuPont.»
«30% of the ebooks being purchased in the U.S. do not use ISBN numbers and are invisible to the industry’s official market surveys and reports; all the ISBN-based estimates of market share reported by Bowker, AAP, BISG, and Nielsen are wildly wrong.»
Following up on my review of three ergonomic keyboards last year, I pass along now Marco Arment’s review of the Matias Ergo Pro Keyboard, which he’s liking. From the features he describes, it sounds similar to theThe Goldtouch Go!2 keyboard I’ve been…
- Laura Lis ScottAuthor, 2004 - presentFiction and non-fiction. Blogging and non-blogging. Books and non-books.
- Toot Sweet InkPublisher and Editor, 2013 - presentIndependent publishing in print and digital. Contemporary fiction, historical fiction, science fiction, fantasy, and non-fiction.
- PingvCo-Founder + Chief Creative Officer, 2009 - presentOnline strategy, design, UX, and development of websites and web applications. Eleven years' experience in Drupal.
- Drupal AssociationAdvisory Board. Formerly Board of Directors, 2008 - presentWorldwide non-profit organization supporting the use and development of Drupal open source software.
- Freelance web designerWeb designer, 1995 - 2005
- Freelance designerArt Director, Graphic Designer, 1999 - 2005
- pingVDrupal Consultant, 2005 - 2006
- freelance videoEditor, 1995 - 2006
- pingVisionPresident, 2006 - 2009
- BlogHerContributing Editor, 2006 - 2011
- Columbia UniversitySchool of the ArtsMFA
- University of ChicagoEnglishBA
Calling all those who were there: Potomac River Works - The Last Great A...
The Last Great American Dynamite Plant was DuPont's Potomac River Works located near Martinsburg, West Virginia, near Hagerstown, Maryland.
Witness the awesome power of massive railroad refreshing machine [video]
Railroad tracks are such a common site that we rarely give thought to their upkeep or what it takes to get the job done.
ZEN PENCILS » 173. CHRIS HARDWICK: The gift of life
Chris Hardwick is a stand-up comedian, podcaster, television host, actor and geek icon. His Nerdist Podcast, in which he and his pals interv
January 2015 Author Earnings Report – Author Earnings
Executive Summary. AuthorEarnings reports analyze detailed title-level data on 33% of all daily ebook sales in the U.S.; 30% of the ebooks b
Business Musings: Getting By | Kristine Kathryn Rusch
In the fall of 2014, before I started this blog back up again, I wrote a series of posts. You've seen several of them, particularly the “Wha
John Hodgman — the cartoonist has no idea how net neutrality...
- credit to rorus raz (via agoodcartoon)
Chris Foss - Artist | The official website for Chris Foss artwork
ChrisFossArt.com is the only outlet for Chris Foss fine art prints, posters and any other form of reproduction of Chris Foss’s artwork sold
What India Can Teach Silicon Valley About Its Gender Problem | WIRED
The proportion of programmers in India who are women is at least 30 percent. In the US it's 21 percent. And this despite the fact that by mo
Me and My Girls - The Night of the Gun - David Carr - NYTimes.com
What if I told you I was a fat thug who beat up women and sold bad coke? Now what if I said that I was a recovered crack addict who got cust
Jupiter Ascending's Spaceship Designs Are Even Cooler Than You Knew
Jupiter Ascending has some of the most stunning visuals we've ever seen in a space opera. The movie's spaceships are just stunning, and unli