Thanks so much to http://mythfolklore.blogspot.com/ ... and I built in a new layer of my class for digital curating and sharing. So excited for the new year and this post gave me such a boost! Which I needed after the usual absurdities this morning, ha ha. I always need to remember that despite the depressing stuff, the stream will always offer up rewards like this one if I just keep on swimming! :-)for this fabulous post. I actually spent my summer "Anthologising older content to produce new content and creating a new experience for readers, by giving a new life (or new ‘reality’) to an older text. This is curation as a digital literacy practice" ... with this result:
7 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 5 previous comments
- And it's worth checking out the post that this one was riffing off of:
http://ibrarspace.net/2014/05/21/curation-as-a-digital-literacy-practice/Aug 15, 2014
- ~ I just came across the same post from a different direction as I was tidying up curation tags for yet another project.
"Be Careful what you curate and you might create something" http://www.amyleggette.com/careful-curate-might-create-something/
and this, "Create more than you consume" https://medium.com/@mikaelcho/create-more-than-you-consume-9c1bc89dc71d
Serendipity. (with the help of bookmarking, tagging and Ino Reader)Dec 31, 2014
- Oh, it is always so intriguing when an old post comes to life. And here is a fun thing: I think this post may have been the first thing I read fromwith whom I am now connected because of Connected Courses. Nice! :-)Jan 1, 2015
- A search for links about curation brought me to your G+ post. As a bonus, I'd been trying to remember enough to find the blog I mentioned first for a different post on it, one on digi-flânerie.
I'm not even sure which way I tripped/stumbled but the encounter with your post led me there.
Since then I've been thinking about randomizing favorite old posts, links, articles.Jan 1, 2015
- You know I am a HUGE fan of the power of random!!! :-)Jan 1, 2015
- BTW I wish Google+ made it easy to view past posts with different filters. It would be fun to go back and see on a given day what I posted one year ago, two years ago... I would bring back a "ghost post" from the past each day if G+ made that easier to do. :-)Jan 1, 2015