Will be listening to this. Curious if the word "open" will even be used, and if so, in what context... I'd be willing to bet the word "data" is doing to be used more than the word "open" ... what do you think? #OpenTeachingOU ... I'll report back afterwards.
4 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
- "Let me open by saying ..."Feb 10, 2015
- Ha ha, I don't think we even got that.
I feel nothing but despair here. He has said nothing, not a single word, that relates to my work as a teacher.
I also find it hard to believe anybody in his audience gives a flying flip about "learning analytics" as he has described it.
He started off by singing the praises of how D2L helps to teach a course with 1200 students in it. He asked the audience, "Does anybody here have a class with 1200 students?"
Uh, no.Feb 10, 2015
- 1200 students? That's not a class. I'm not quite sure where the line is, but I know 1200 is too many to constitute a "class."Feb 12, 2015
- I think that twice as many people as charged the guns at the Battle of Balaclava is probably just a smidgen more than a class.Feb 12, 2015
- What about the number of Greeks at Thermopylae? Is that still more than a class?Feb 12, 2015
- Ha ha, now I"m thinking "into the valley of death rode the 600"
BTW he didn't mention open.Feb 12, 2015