Meaningful feedback shouldn’t be something that comes around once a year. In fact, one of the worst times to share it is during a performance review. Why? Because studies have shown that when you introduce extrinsic motivators (like the ratings and comp typically shared in performance reviews), you reduce people’s intrinsic motivation to develop and improve. Instead, make sure your development is an ongoing conversation between you and your manager, turning your performance review into just another check-in rather than an annual surprise. #workrules #performance #feedback #development More advice at www.workrules.net
70 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
- Excellent articleJun 11, 2015
- Traditional nonsenseJun 11, 2015
- i think this is a great ideaJun 11, 2015
- I concurJun 11, 2015
- Jun 13, 2015
- Laszlo! This is a nice piece of an excellent employer policy. You should publishing in Hungarian language also because a lot of leader and worker should read your ideas.
Greetings from Hungary :)Aug 4, 2015
- Yes it is a great ideaAug 4, 2015
Add a comment...