Larry does not know if Java is free.
22 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 5 previous comments
- no, we want our code to be maintainable. ;-)Apr 20, 2012
- Yes , it's important . But if they lose in the court, maybe it's the way out.Apr 20, 2012
- What we all need is to have the open implementation "free" and ready for prime-time, Lars you seem like a guy who likes to contribute and have some voice, why don't you take the lead? :) .... For real the code needs a open platform. From the beginning that Oracle bought Sun, everybody knew that means trouble for all the open implementations! ...
Also Wei Scala, it depends on the JVM and the core APIs, which is not known if theses are "Free".Apr 20, 2012
- I miss Scott McNealy. He had a great, optimistic vision for Java.Apr 20, 2012
- Obviously open implementations are free, but Sun's closed implementation is not.Apr 20, 2012
- Java may be write once run everywhere, but only at Oracle now.Apr 23, 2012