My first view on #rhel7
beta (I have in mind it is a beta)
Okay some complain points:
- Emacs not in standard repo - that is a buzz killer
- Not newest GCC
- LibreOffice crasheses
- Mouse sensetivity adjustments don't work properly, the mouse fly around.
- yum update can't finde repos WTF RedHat
Some good things:
- Installer is like the one for Fedora, so familiar easy and nice
- Very pretty and familiar Gnome3 experince, I like this non-vanilla edition, I think Gnome should adapt it.
- Very easy setup of webserver and PostgreSQL DB
- Clean desktop wallpaper, I know this is a strange point, but to me it is important that it is not a thorn in the eye.
So, so fare a mixed impression, and until RedHat fix the repo issue it is hard to give an honost opinion. First time ever I have had to compile Emacs from source on a Linux distro which was not SlackWare.
But I must say I really like this Gnoem3 view a lot, a combi of this gnome look and Cinnamon would be epic. #linux #rhel7 #beta