Happy 22nd Birthday, Delphi!
22 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 6 previous comments
- Happy Birthday to the best programming language/toolkit that has evolve over time.
Started with PDP-11 / Vax Assembler / C (when it first came out).
Create Apple / Atari / Commodore Pet BASIC applications.
Moved over to IBM PC BASIC
Jumped on Turbo Pascal 1 to create a package for OSHA.
Kept moving into Delphi for all versions up and waiting on Godzilla to be release.
Delphi keeps getting better all the time.15w
- Uscd, compass and Poly Pascal on CP/M and then Turbo/Borland Pascal until D1. Then all D/Kylix versions ever since.15w
- TP 3 in school time, started with D1 but first serious app developed in D2. Own licence since D3.
It looks like only dinosaurs here. ;-). No fresh blood...15w
- CP/M TP 1.0 was my start. All versions of TP, and then D1-5, 7, and a couple I won't mention. Pascal based since 1983!15w
- TP 3 in college, and every version since while awaiting Godzilla. It's made my career truly a joy.15w
- ...and after it someone introduced me Java. I've created first app which was 10x times slower then similar Delphi. I thought - idea is good, but what a crap ! :) Next, my first HTML that year. What a pain in UI creation comparing to Delphi :)15w