Mondays - best day of the week for worky stuff!I love the way the world kicks into full flow on a Monday...
And being back in Wales (the pic is of the Gower coastline) I can safely say this view is not shared by everyone. The key would seem to be either a) being self-employed, or b) loving your job.
Either way, I surfaced some fun facts that should help your Monday get off to a flying start...
1. A survey in 2011 reported that the average person moans for about 34 minutes on a Monday morning, compared to 22 minutes on other days.
(that is a lot of moaning)
2. Monday is the only day of the week when the US stock market is more likely to fall than rise.
3. On average Monday is the least rainy day of the week, possibly as a result of man-made pollution decreasing over the weekend.
(See? in Wales this really matters.)
4. Monday is the only day of the week that is an anagram of a single word: ‘dynamo’.
(Tuesday is the only day with the anagram Yadseut :D)
5. People do their shopping online more on Mondays than they do any other day of the week.
6. According to a study by Marmite in 2011, the average person in the UK does not smile on a Monday until 11.16am.
(which is why I though I would leave putting out this post until after 11am :P)
7. Bob Geldof’s song I Don’t Like Mondays was written after he read of a US woman going on a shooting spree because she didn’t like Mondays.
8. ‘Monday’ is a slang term for a large, heavy sledgehammer.
9. The only film with Monday in its title to win an Oscar was ‘Closed Mondays’ which was voted Best Animated Short Film in 1974.
10. There were 53 Mondays in the year 2012. The next time this will happen will be 2018.
Let's hope then that by 2018, with a little Social Media love, we can all see Mondays as the best day of the week :D
Source: http://goo.gl/ydY2Ix #wedigmondays #mondaymotivation #motivationmonday #motivation #monday