i honestly was worried about my phone when I took it out of my glove compartment when I got home. It has never been that hot before. Also, when the phone gets really hot, the #androidauto UX gets REALLY REALLY laggy.
I also discovered a strange bug. I unplugged my phone from my Android Auto receiver twice today. It was SUPER hot. Then I noticed that the Ui on my phone was completely unresponsive to taps. Swipe motions (notification shade, swiping away Google Now Cards. Navigating from screen to screen) worked fine. But you couldn't actual tap and select anything. I had to reboot my phone both times.
When you tell Google "Find the nearest gas station" is will only show you gas stations in order of what's closest to you along with the address. You see them in a list view. Not a map view. More often than not, when I want to know where "the nearest" anything is, I care more about it being the nearest ON MY CURRENT ROUTE. Giving me the addresses really isn't helpful. I'd like to be able to see a map. If I'm navigating I want it to show me a map of my route with my search results filled in around my route.
In the Music interface you are given some good options, but it feels a little unfinished.
I can start 'I'm feeling Lucky', Recent Playlists, and Radio (based on songs recently played. I can speak 'Play Stevie Ray Vaughn' or "Play Lenny' or 'Play Stevie Ray Vaughn, Lenny' or 'Play Stevie Ray Vaughn, Texas Flood'.
But, there is no browsing interface for browsing through your library. I know Google is trying to keep people from being stupid when they drive, and I feel like Android Auto does that EXTREMELY well. But, I would love voice commands like
- 'Show Stevie Ray Vaughn Albums'
- 'Show Stevie Ray Vaughn Top Songs'
- 'Show my Stevie Ray Vaughn Albums'
And the results would come up on the screen. Then I can select the one I want to play
I also wish there were voice actions for shuffling playlists or a way to start a playlist on shuffle automatically.
PLEASE READ: If you are going to add me to your circles and want me to add you back, please have a picture of yourself as your profile picture and some information about you in your profile. I hope that's not asking too much.
I am a normal guy living my life in love with my college sweetheart and wife, Hannah. We have two awesome dogs, Brody Bear and Cocha. Check out my photos to see them.
I am bound to my GOD by the sin He saved me from, and no amount of generosity or philanthropy will free my from dependence on His grace. That is my blessing.
Stuff I'm into:
- Boutique Fine Wine (primarily French, German & Spanish)
- Craft Beer (I like balanced beer. Not a huge fan of over malted stouts or over hoppy IPAs. Life is about balance and moderation and my taste in beer is similar)
- Whisky - as a general rule I try to keep my cabinet stocked with one single malt Scotch whisky, one blended Scotch whisky, and one Kentucky Bourbon at all times. They're all fantastic but I just depends what kind of mood I'm in.
- Music - if you want to know the kind of music I'm into just search Google+ for #eclecticcollection. I post stuff pretty regularly under that hashtag.
- The merger of society and technology for the purpose of the enrichment of life in general. In the words of Google CEO, Larry Page, "Technology sould do the hard work, so you can get on and live your life."
"I fear the man who drinks water and so remembers this morning what the rest of us said last night." ~Benjamin Franklin~
- Dallas Baptist UniversityBachelor's of Business Administration, 2003 - 2007
- Abilene Cooper High SchoolGeneral, 1999 - 2003
- Project 9