I am a Christian and I will defend an atheist's right to publicly disagree regardless if they are disagreeing amiably or hatefully.
Please #blacklivesmatter movement. Understand what it is you are asking for. If today the government prevents free speech if it can be perceived as "anti-black" then tomorrow, if our pendulum swings the other direction will you stand behind a "white lives matter" movement?
Can we also take a step back from the idea that we should remove anyone from history that didn't hold the same world view as us today? NO ONE who lived 100+ years ago held the same world view as us today! It is impossible! It was a different world. The reason history is priceless is that we learn from it. We celebrate and build on the values and accomplishments of the past and learn from the mistakes! We don't throw away the constitution because those that wrote it owned slaves! We uphold it and live by a higher standard.
Please don't picket for a world where what I say and what you say can be hushed by the government because then you have neutered our Constitution and destroyed much of what makes our country great! Let's not forget, if we didn't have the right to free speech, Martin Luther King Jr. Would have been labeled a traitor, imprisoned, and potentially executed for speaking out for equality.
Joining this community as I just passed the 100 points mark on Google Maps. Super stoked to join such a collaborative community! Feel free to circle me and use my connections to reach a larger audience for you G+ posts. Check out my profile, or, if you don't want to or are too busy reviewing great local businesses on Google Maps...
My name is Lane. Born and raised in Abilene, TX. Went to school in Dallas. Lived there for 8 years before moving, with my bride, to Denver Colorado. Lived there for 5 years. Now super happy to be in Atlanta! This is a great place to live and we're excited to be a part of this awesome community!
BTW. Really looking forward to Android Auto being opened up to more apps.
As it is today I still feel like the OS REQUIRES too much touching. Like when I'm navigating and I use my voice to call someone the call takes over the screen and I have to reach down and touch the receiver to switch it back to the map.
Most recent version of Android wear appears to have reduced the battery life of my Huawei Watch by 2/3. Used to easily get 18 hrs. Now getting about 6. Not sure what is going on. Anyone else seeing this?
To add to the pain, the app used to display limited battery info and we really needed more battery data. Now there is NO visibility to battery info. Seems like a huge step backwards.
I have the Huawei Watch, and now I'm getting about 50% left after a full long day, when before I was getting 30-40% left. Also, previously I complained about fast drain during the 1st hour and then it would level off. But now that doesn't seem to happen. :)
PLEASE READ: If you are going to add me to your circles and want me to add you back, please have a picture of yourself as your profile picture and some information about you in your profile. I hope that's not asking too much.
I am a normal guy living my life in love with my college sweetheart and wife, Hannah. We have two awesome dogs, Brody Bear and Cocha. Check out my photos to see them.
I am bound to my GOD by the sin He saved me from, and no amount of generosity or philanthropy will free my from dependence on His grace. That is my blessing.
Stuff I'm into:
- Boutique Fine Wine (primarily French, German & Spanish)
- Craft Beer (I like balanced beer. Not a huge fan of over malted stouts or over hoppy IPAs. Life is about balance and moderation and my taste in beer is similar)
- Whisky - as a general rule I try to keep my cabinet stocked with one single malt Scotch whisky, one blended Scotch whisky, and one Kentucky Bourbon at all times. They're all fantastic but I just depends what kind of mood I'm in.
- Music - if you want to know the kind of music I'm into just search Google+ for #eclecticcollection. I post stuff pretty regularly under that hashtag.
- The merger of society and technology for the purpose of the enrichment of life in general. In the words of Google CEO, Larry Page, "Technology sould do the hard work, so you can get on and live your life."
"I fear the man who drinks water and so remembers this morning what the rest of us said last night." ~Benjamin Franklin~
- Dallas Baptist UniversityBachelor's of Business Administration, 2003 - 2007
- Abilene Cooper High SchoolGeneral, 1999 - 2003
- SimCity Mobile
- Plague Inc.